Sunday, June 12, 2016

Bases Loaded for a Lasting Memories Challenge

Good Morning :) It's a new challenge over at Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge blog :) The theme is All About You and this week's theme is "Let me take a Selfie" I'm still in training when it comes to selfies but a few months after taking this picture come to find out that I can see the selfie as it's being taken by a switch on the camera so it's been getting better. But first we have to scrap the old ones :)
I had a blast making this double page layout :) I created this during LOAD216 Day 26 Landmark prompt: this is one of our newest landmarks in Williamsport, PA
Bases Loaded is the newest Landmark in our city. It was put together for the 75th Anniversary of Little League Baseball. Out town feels very honored to have this here a way to show Carl Stotz that we appreciate what he started, shame he wasn't alive to see it unfolding, and the rift that he had with LL later didn't come to an end, But, by the way of his daughter it is starting to change and Little League is embracing Carl Stotz by adding this and another statue of him up at the Volunteer field. I made sure to get over today and a picture with Carl Stotz. :) Through our family we have a very special bond with Little League, my Dad playing for Jumbo Pretzel on of the original teams. But that is another story for another day :)
Yes me trying to take a selfie :) I am getting better at it :) LOL This is bench they have that you can sit and get your picture taken with Carl Stotz (a statue of him) so that was fun :)
 The left side of the layout :) Lots of photos and lots of journaling about how the landmark came about.
 The right side of the layout :)
 I pulled this information for my journaling from an article on the internet about the landmark.
 There was so much information that I put some on each page of the layout.
A little bit about what I feel about the landmark. This will go in to my Williamsport Album. With the warmer weather taking place I would like to get out and walk about Williamsport and get pictures of some of the local history and get it in the album, being raised here there is alot I remember and alot that has changed already, but looking forward to adding my memories to it :)
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing what you all create for this new challenge of the week :)

3 comments:

  1. Not a terrible selfie for a rookie. Love all the other photos to and a ton of journaling too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, both your layouts are superb! I love your selfie, it's FAB!!! Have a great week.
    Hugs Jenna, DT sister
    Jenna's Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this layout Tina! First off I commend you for scraping about your town and secondly I commend you for taking selfies!!!! I wish I had known you didn't know the camera could turn around so you could see because I would have told you. This is something that I need to start doing myself and wish now I had when Dwayne was still alive. I love the new little league landmark photos, what a way to honor Carl Stotz's memory! Glad that his family can now see it since it didn't happen while he was alive. Fabulous layout my friend!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete