Sunday, April 15, 2012

For the Graduate

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am the designer today at the Card A Day Blog and the theme is Graduation. I made this card for a friend's daughter that is graduating this year.

See my friend, home school's her kids and they have the ceremony at the Church where the co-op is held. Because of this there is no school colors so I chose primary colors for the caps and switched up the tassels. The caps were cut from the cricut cartridge Everyday paper dolls @ 3/4". The ribbon border was in my stash and I matted the card with a scrap of black cardstock and dry embossed it with my cuttlebug with the folder: circles to give it a nice textured background. It is a white cardstock base from: The paper company pack of paper. The scallop is a spellbinders die and the stamp is from my collection stamped in SU basic black. The scallop is popped up with 1/16" dots. A sweet card for the graduate. I will add something special to the inside a quote from somewhere not sure of that quite yet. I have the book Saying it with Style and will find something sweet in there and a little something from me. It's a very fast card to put together once all the pieces are cut out and you could make it in the school colors.
Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment