Monday, August 11, 2014

A Different Type of Blog Hop

Hi you all and welcome to this really different blog hop but it looks like a lot of fun! The Creative Blog Hop (TCBH). TCBH is the brain child of some wonderful enlightened blogger. 

I was invited to participate in a different sort of blog hop this week by Emily at Mrs Crafty Adams. She shared her answers last week thanks for the inspirational words she said of me, I'm rooting for her to do a kit:) I'll be telling you about my creative process with some pictures along the way
1. What am I working on right now?
At the moment I'm working on a current class over at Big Picture Classes called Super Stashbusters by Aly Dosdall and it's been a super fun class. We've been doing scrapbook layouts following a challenge that Aly provides. From last year's class Stashbusters Anonymous
Also been working on a Mini Album of our trip to Steamtown in Scranton, PA

2. How long does it take to create a project?
 That depends on what I am doing, but most times not to long since every month I make a kit along with the gals at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog it's always fun to pull the kit and create with it. Then I usually will follow along with a challenge from one of the many sketch challenge blogs I follow and that gives me a great starter. So unless I'm doing a very unusually technique then I can usually get a layout done with in an hour or two.
Last month's kit produced 21 layouts and a couple of cards, that is what makes it so fun to do the CKC kit cause it's there no looking just creating :)

3. What are my fave things I love to create with at the moment?
Right now I'm enjoying using sequins, the triangle studs from CTMH and their scrapbooking kits on the go, Project Life cards on my layouts, washi tape and stickles. 
4. How does my writing/creating process work?
I use Oh Life that sends me an email that asks me how my day is and I answer, much like a journal book. So I either use journal entries or a memory from the photo if I sit and look at it long enough I usually will spark some memory. If I don't then I grab a Project Life card with a quote or Google a quote and that works for me.

 5. What inspires me?
Blogs, Pinterest, Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, Scrappin N Chattin yahoo group, my Grandkids, my dogs, bright colors, vintage/heritage look and nature.

This is just 3 of the Grandkids, would love a picture of all of them together at some point but since we are so spread apart around the states I just don't see it happening.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look into my creative process. I have 3 bloggers that you can visit for inspiration...

Ruth and I are on the same design team at Creative Cutting Challenge and I just love to see what she's scrappin or making and  through her I found a super fun group of ladies at Scrappin N Chattin. Paper and Musings it's fun when we both take the sae cut file and make such totally different layouts she's an inspiration for me.

Cindy at Cindy's Creations love to see what she is creating, I'm in awe sometimes with what she does. Cindy also introduced me to Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog plus we are on the same design team for Card A Day Blog. Cindy makes some amazing cards for our troops.

I love the cards and layouts that Brenda makes Friends Crafting with Friends. She and I have similar lives with husbands that enjoy the same hobbies that is unique to find within the crafting world.

Hey you all have a fun day!

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina, This is such a fun post and I'm participating in this blog next week. Not batting 1000 at getting my 3 taggees though. I have a button to show I'm participating and that I've participated when I'm finished. I can send you the files if you're interested. Enjoyed reading about you! TFS & thanks too for your recent visits and sweet comments as well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, love learning more about you! So glad we connected through the bloggy world. Love the starburst layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun post Tina, glad to learn more about you! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete