Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Celebrate the Red, White and Blue

Hi you all, I'm really enjoying this week's theme cards the designers are doing over at Card A Day Blog they are doing a fantastic job! I'm the designer today and the theme is Country's Birthday and the 1st thing I think of is the 4th of July. So that is how this card came about:
The card is 5.5" X 7" card and the base is from the natural pack of cardstock I get at Joanns. I covered it with a dark blue cardstock from my stash and the bottoms section is from the paper pack American Made from My Mind's Eye. You know those strips that they have on the edge of a 12 X 12 paper, yep that is where the border came from one of the strips out of that paper pack. The cut I received in a cut swap a long time ago and I love this cut cause it shows our country as one nation. I added a banner with Celebrate stamp from the CTMH-Card Chatter-Birthday set and used SU brilliant blue ink on white cardstock, cut the ends to make the banner and added red metal dots from Best Occasions.
This would make a fantastic card for the July 4th Birthday, sending a special card to relative to wish them a great 4th or maybe to Operation Write Home and let one of the soldiers use it to write home.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing the view from my little corner of the world.

If you have you own Country's Birthday Card ready, play along with us at Card A Day Blog and
Enter our June Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment