Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Autumn Flowers

Happy September and welcome to my blog. I'm the designer today over at Card A Day Blog and the theme is Autumn. My card today makes me think of the flowers this time of the year and the colors that go with Autumn.
A beautiful sunflower to brighten you day.The flower is stamped in brown ink and is from the Close To My Heart Collection: Friendship Bouquet, the May 2012 Stamp of the month. I colored it with bic markers and cut one out and popped it up the center was done with Liquid Applique in brown to give texture to the card.  I couldn't resist grabbing my Card Chatter Sympathy set and adding the sentiment, “Just a note to brighten your day… and chase the clouds away.” for the outside and inside of the card. The card is on black cardstock with a layer of gold and then white that has a brown inked edge, brought the same white into the inside with the same inked edge.

Thanks for stopping by today and seeing what I'm up too. Thanks to all my loyal followers, I'll be back with more cards and layouts now that summer is drawing to a close and time is freed up to be crafting and blogging again.
 A gold-finch in our sunflower patch

2 comments:

  1. Nice card Tina. What is a card chatter set? Sounds like something that would help me with making cards! Sentiments are always hard for me.

    ReplyDelete