Sunday, February 28, 2016

I Can't Put My Arms UP!

LOAD day 11. It was a Thursday and the prompt is Language. Lain gave a whole list of ideas to use for this prompt, when she mentioned Movie quotes that you quote all the time had me thinking. This isn't something I quote all the time but it was my favorite quote from A Christmas Story :) opposite of what brother Randy said about he couldn't put his arms down :). I had these 2 pictures of Zachary that resembled this quote very well :)
 OMgosh isn't that just precious :) I think this may have been Zachary's first snow experience and Mom made sure he wasn't going to catch a cold, he was a little over a year and 1/2 in this picture.His face says it all. Doesn't he look like Ralphie's kid brother Randy in the movie! One of the best line's from that movie.  I used the sketch over at Sketches in Thyme Sketch #183

This was such a fun sketch to use for the layout.
 My title spot, since taken these pictures I had added and exclamation point to stress the feeling of the layout.
I loved the Polaroid style frames they had in the sketch and brought them to my layout too. I t gave the photos center stage and the red ring brings your eyes right to those photos :) All the journaling came from what was said on Facebook when Katherine put out the pictures.
Added the fun little cluster of word strips and the punched snowflake with the brad snowflake. I used both my Brighter Year Ahead and my Color Splash counterfeit kits for this layout. I also used this layout for SNC's Old Man Winter layout challenge. thanks for stopping by today :)

3 comments:

  1. Great layout, Tina! Love the pops of red and the title says it all about those cute photos! Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout. I have loved all of your layouts. You do an awesome job. Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is just too cute Tina! I love that your mind went to the movie, "A Christmas Story". lol That little one really does look like Ralphie's brother. That's a movie I always have to watch at the holidays! And to think that when it came out as a movie at the theater it bombed. But took off when it was put on TV, go figure. One of my favorites though! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete