Sunday, February 25, 2018

Fire!!! Did You Know challenge for Lasting Memories Layout challenge

Hi you all :) Been scrapping daily :) so still going with my goal this year :) It's been fun too reminiscing with older vacation photos also.
Today is a new month of challenges over at Lasting Memories Layout challenges. We start of with March challenges with the theme of Did You Know....- March National Month Of... and we will be focusing on little-known facts/holidays in March. 
Did you know that March was named for the Roman God "Mars"? Mars was the god of war and also an agricultural guardian. So our challenge to you is:

LM #384 - Create a layout about war (think a layout of a war hero, museum-area about war (Gettysburg)...) OR an agricultural/farm layout (which this could cover just about anything with farming - food, animals, seasons....)
So many choices of photos for this theme! So I went with the photos on my scrappy desk that I've been creating with and found these photos of cool pictures of an Civil War Reenactment:
 A very simple layout for today and this is also LOAD218 Day 25 prompt too. I used the choice of an old scrappy tool which was my crimper. I used my current counterfeit kit: Pretty Little Pastimes
These pictures came from when we were at the Portersville Steam Show in 2004. Cool to take the time out of the busy day of events and take a step back in time.
 A simple layout with a simple title and some journaling for a quick layout that focused on the photos and the time period.
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing what you create for this challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great LO and love how you captured the smoke and all in your photo. It's like I am there and hear the canons myself. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete