Monday, March 4, 2019

CKC March Forgery-Stamped Scrapbook Background

Hello and welcome :) Today I'm here to show that if you don't have the most current trends in papers or embellishments it's easy enough to forge it and get a similar result.
It is no crime to create your own version of the trendy, 
hip products from the inspiration kit using your own stash and ingenuity.
The inspiration that produced the forgery:
https://www.scrapbook.com/products/cache/SBC_ac-310618_20045_0.jpg
I thought the framed paper, Pink Paislee: Pick Me Up Paper 19, would be an easy one to forge knowing I had frame stamps that had yet to see any ink:
By using a white cardstock, these 2 stamp sets from Close to my Heart and a variety of inks I went to work creating
Using my Tim Holtz stamping platform (finally out of the box)
This is the background paper I created. Found it was easier to one stamp at a time vs 5 or 6. My imperfections can easily be covered up with photo or embellishments. Definitely something different for me but it was fun to create such a unique background. 
For other inspiration check out what the other Master Forgers are doing over at Counterfeit Challenge Blog.



12 comments:

  1. this paper is awesome! Aren't you clever?!? And using yet inked stamps is what it's all about and I love it. Great job Tina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was glad I thought of those stamps :) and to get them inked up too :) It was a fun project

      Delete
  2. Tina: you've made a terrific copy cat of the multi-color, multi-frames print paper! Looks fram-tastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was glad I thought of those stamps :)

      Delete
  3. Tina this is awesome. This turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Tina this is awesome hun. I love this background, the colors are so fun and playful. Really amazing, cannot wait to see when you put it to use. :)
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on CASing that name brand paper Tina! I love your version of it better than the original! I think I might have some of those frames stamps myself from CTMH, so should give it go too. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was glad I thought of those stamps :) Stay warm this week :)

      Delete
  6. A clever idea and looks great finished. I have stamps like that,why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was glad I thought of those stamps :)

      Delete