Monday, February 27, 2012

2 Silhouettes-CADB

Hi all,
I'm the designer today over at Card A Day Blog and want to welcome all to my blog. The theme this past week has been Wedding and I have a few cards that need to be made for weddings this summer so this worked out perfect for me.
Plus I had to do some cards for a swap that I was in so it was a win-win situation all the way around!

The inspiration of this card came for the latest copy of Paper Craft magazine. They were featuring some wedding cards, so it didn't take long to figure out what I wanted to do for the swap and today day at CADB. There a few others that I would like to try too so you just may see them soon.
< This is the inspiration behind this card, there was just something beautiful on the simplicity of the card.


This is what I used to make the card: It's A2 size card the base is tan cardstock from the paper company pack I think desert pack. The background paper is a brown (leather look) rounded on all the corners and came from the DCWV heirloom pack (lovin this pack at the moment!). Gold rickrack for my stash (my husband used to work in textiles I have lots of this type of stash). Silhouettes in black cardstock scraps. Stickles in distressed antique linen. I did notice with the distress stickles not so much of the glitter look, more of a matte look to it.
The 2nd layer of the card is from the same stack pack cut from the Lucy Labels @ 3.5". I used distressed ink: Brushed Corduroy for the edges of the pattern cut to give it more of antique look to it.





I taped the rickrack to the background and slide the ends behind that. The silhouettes  were cut from the heritage cartridge @ 1 3/4" and the & sign at the same height from the Stone Script cartridge.




This will go in the inside of the card and was cut with the cuttlebug and a spellbinder die I think the classic scallop oval. This was an interesting card to make and I did a few things I don't normally do, like inking the edges and the distress stickles (thought this was a great opportunity to find out how it would look).




Thanks for sharing the day with me and if your up for challenges there is just a couple of days left at the Card A Day Blog to enter.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you getting cards ready for upcoming weddings! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete