Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! Have a fantastic day! This is what I woke up to this morning
Yep that is a card, boy was I totally surprised by my husband this morning. If you see in the upper left corner the card I made last month for him actually puts the size into perspective (that is an A2 card).

Now on to the card I made for today, this card I made at my local Close to My Heart class and it was a really fun card to do.
This was a really fast card to make. The scallop rectangle and heart was cut out from the teacher's CTMH cartridge (Art Philosophy) with a CTMH stamp set (not sure which one it was). The border behind the sentiment was done with a crimper and gave it nice textured. The one background piece (red with white dots) the dots were stamped on to the piece. So now I have my card ready for Dave for next year, its fantastic to be ready that far ahead!

Next month keep an eye on the blog as I go through a book that I just got yesterday
I've seen so many beautiful cards out there that are colored and wanted to learn this fine art, so I seen this book and had to get it. So as I progress through the book I will be doing cards to show what I'm learning. I also got a book during a blog hop in October 2011 as the blog candy that I also want to try some of those techniques.
Another thing that I have been looking into is the new craze with the smash books and checked out some youtube videos on it and plan to make one of my own themed towards my growing up years, I have so many items scattered around that I received from my mother that this to me maybe a fantastic place to put it. So I look forward to doing that and sharing it with you all.
Have a fantastic day! I look forward to chatting with you again soon.

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment