Monday, June 11, 2012

You Shine

Hi all and welcome to my blog. Also, welcome to you all that have come over from Card A Day Blog. Red, White and Blue theme this week and when I think of that theme I usually first think of our men and women in service.
 This card came about from a sketch I saw at Sketch N Stash #65 and used it for the basis of this card. Everything about this card is easy! Just about all the cuts are sqaures or cut from a square. The red squares came from a 1" punch, the holographic red triangles came from the same punch just cut on the diagonal (paper came from Jo-Anns), and the vellum and the background piece were cut to a specific size square. The ribbon added some texture to the card but stayed right with the theme of the card. The only piece that was cut by machine was the Star and that came from Doodlecharms cartridge and 1.5". The stamp is from a Close to My Heart collection. Red, White and Blue ribbon I used for the border came from Jo-Anns.


These particular people shine each and everyday! So don't forget to Thank them for their service when have the chance.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Tina this is a cute card. I love the traditonal red/white/blue theme. I love the holographic paper you used!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete