Monday, January 7, 2013

CC Challenge: Valentine not a card

Hi you all and welcome to my blog. It's another Creative Cutting Challenge :Valentine not a card. This is what I came up with:
While I was perusing the internet to decide what to do for this project I came across the blog Images by Heather M and found a pillow box she filled with candy and the light bulb went off! this project went together relatively easy after cutting out the first box and seeing how the file cut. Really need to do test cuts before doing the real cuts, lol the learning experience.
Heather offered a free svg for the pillow box. I took that file and enlarged it a bit and then cut it out well this is what I got:
As you can see in the picture in the lower left corner this is how the file cut out. Well I knew that wasn't right, so I ungrouped the file, deleted the center part and cut out the outside of the file to get the full box cut. Without moving the mat at all, I undid what I just did and deleted the outside, turned the blade around in the casing so I can score (need to invest in a scoring blade now I think) I did this at blade depth at 6 and hit go, woohoo it went and scored the lines I needed! Love learning new things! I had the pressure at 3 and I would suggest doing it higher for the scoring. So in the upper right is what the box turned out like. I decorated the box with files from The Creative Pointe Fancy Hearts file

Fancy Hearts 
I used the border file to decorate the box, added so Elmers glitter glue to the hearts to give some bling, and tied it up with some SU twill. This was a fun project and I'm glad to try something new. You may want to give it a try too, we welcome you to join in with the challenge at Creative Cutting Challenge.
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world......




1 comment: