Thursday, January 3, 2013

Valentine for Card A Day Blog

Hi and welcome to my blog. Today I'm the designer over at Card A Day Blog and the theme is Valentine. The card I made is:
This is an A2 size card-just a different fold than thee traditional card. The card was cut from a piece of pink scrap cardstock @ 9" X 4 1/4" with the top folded at 3 1/2" and both corners punched with a rounder punch.

 
The back includes a strip of the purple that was dry embossed with swiss dots @ 9 1/4" X 1 7/8" and punched with some bubbles punch I have, I think its and EK success punch. The strip is wrapped around to close in the front like a gate card.

The inside of the card includes a 1/2" border on the bottom punched with that same punch. and stamped in various spots. The stamps I picked up at a yard sale so I'm not sure of the brand.
The front of the card includes 2 cuts from Spellbinders Labels Eight collection and one was cutfrom the purple swiss dots cardstock and cut smaller in the light purple then stamped and heat embossed with purple embossing powder. The hearts and flower on the front I received in a swap.

It is a different type of card than what I normally make, but was very easy and fun to do. Quite not sure who is gonna receive it yet.
Stopped back in and see what I'm up to in the next few days, got the journaling pages to do for the Marion Smith challenge and my 1st week layout of my venture into project life and a valentine special thing I'm making for my husband for the Creative Cutting Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing the view from my corner of the world.

2 comments:

  1. Tina, Love your card. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card. Love how you made this card, great design.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete