Monday, October 7, 2013

Halloween Card-Creative Cutting Challenge

Hi you all and welcome to my blog,
Today I'm one of the designers over at Creative Cutting Challenge an svg cutting challenge. My card:
Came from the Jack O'Lantern Card file
Jack O'Lantern Card - Click Image to Close
This is the first svg I did in my Silhouette software and found out there are a few things to be aware of when using and svg file in the software. First it all comes in as one color, lol I emailed her about the file that it was missing the die cut piece
I found this out by opening SCAL and all the pieces were in separate colors, so back into the Silhouette software, ungrouped it and sure enough the pieces were there.
So next after getting the pieces separated to cut, push the cut button and nothing, again I tried and nothing. So next to Google and asked how to cut an svg in the silhouette software and got lots of videos so watched one and I seemed to have missed and important menu spot in the software the cut menu where you have 4 choices of how you want it cut, picked the right one and yes! we hve cutting lines. Hit the cut button and there it was:
The card pieces I needed. On the inside of the card I included the black border from my stash and the purple strip to hide the white inside of the card. added to 2 pieces from the hat to the inside too. Really super easy, super quick and a super fun card! A plug for the Cameo it cuts glitter paper wonderfully, I held it down with painters tape and it slice right through it like butter.
I used purple cardstock for the card base, black card stock for the hat, the orange glitter paper for the pumpkin face and Creative Memories gold cardstock for the shadow cut/background cut of the pumpkin head. Sentiment from SU Teeny Wishes and CTMH Colonial White ink
Thanks for stopping by and if your making a Halloween card and it has an svg cut or a non-cricut cut then you might want to join in on the fun and link up to the challenge over at Creative Cutting Challenge....

1 comment:

  1. Love the glitter paper....perfect for this card. And so glad you figured out how to use the files in your Silhouette! Putting that info in my "data bank" for future reference! lol

    ReplyDelete