Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Hi you all, have you heard about a blog called Counterfeit Kit Challenge? I didn't till last month when I stopped by Cindy's Creations Blog and check it out. Really thought now this is a cool idea and a smart one too. To have everything ready for the month of scrapping, that is a win-win if I ever seen one. All the choices are made just need to raid your stash for similar products and some not so similar if you want and get those pictures out of the drawer, out of the envelopes and on to the pages. So I decided to tackle the kit this month too. So this is the November kit:
http://www.jbsmercantile.com/uploads/111063.jpg
They are focusing on the October Jenni Bowlin kit (this is the main kit but you can also work with the add on kits too). So with this kit up on my computer screen I went thru my stash and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon I have to say :)
 This is what I came up with ^^^^^^^

The papers came from a few sources the bottom row the 5 pattern papers came from Recollections Graceful collection, it's nice to pull the papers from the same line I know then that they will match well. The cardstock came from DCWV Neutrals pack. The top 5 came from the 1st pink one came from te DCWV Collage Musings Pack, figure with the only diagonal that I came across had pink in it so thought best to bring in another for added color. The diagonal, the navy, the grey plaid came from DCWV dots, stripes & plaids pack (my husband gave me nine paper packs for Christmas last year that I am still working through :) ). A sheet full of journaling blocks and sayings in pinks, blues and greens plus other neutral colors to work with the rest of the papers is from 2011 Cosmic Cricket upcycle elements and looks like a really fun page to use.
I have no transparencies, at least not that I know of so I went with some vellum sheets for that, I got out a alphabet sheet that I had last year from Simple Stories Harvest collection, the die cuts are coming from many sources from my stash and I only had the white speech bubbles that are also very small so I added the die cut pack to go with it too and I can see this being inked on grunged up and maybe some paper covering too.
Up close shot on some of the die cuts/stickers that I will be using
The speech bubbles and the raw chipboard pieces
I figured I had better pull in some pink die cut pieces since I have pulled in that diagonal stripe paper that has pink in it. My 4 labels, 2 stamp sets, s spool ribbon that has stitching down the middle for the stitched jute that was in the main kit and some leaves I found in my stash rounds out the embellishments.

I'm looking forward to using the kit this month and getting those pictures out of the drawers, out the envelopes and onto these pages. As I do the layouts I will showcase what I have done here on my blog.

This month I'm also working on Zachary's first year album and a Cruise Album they are both goals I have for this year that I want to finish up this month. The Cruise Album is a Mets Fan Appreciation Cruises that my Mom and I went on in 1985 and 1986, I was glad to get the pictures out and get them scanned into the computer so I can scrap the originals and get them out of the box and onto the pages of an album.

You all have a fantastic day and stop back tomorrow for the news about a 100 follower giveaway

11 comments:

  1. You have done a wonderful job here! So glad you are going to play along. Love your speech bubble idea, can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the CKCB - you've made a super kit and I'm sure it will great for kick-starting your scrappy creativity. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you playing along! Having your kit to draw from makes putting pages together easy-peasy, and you know you will love everything in it since it's yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good way to put it, I bought it cause I did like it :)

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty kit. So glad you are playing along with us. Those labels are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cut kit for November. You did such a great job of pulling out your embellishments at the same time, which I am sad to say I am bad at. I just pull them as I put my pages together. Love that stamp set you have in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a great kit to work with. Best of luck with the aims for the albums. I hope you enjoyed my part of the Frosty Festivities blog hop at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this Counterfeit Kit challenge and I think it's really neat! I haven't tried it though. I can't wait to see how your layouts turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, that's one yummy kit. All the best to you with those two albums. I hope you meet your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great kit you've put together! Tons of fun embellishments and goodies to play with :)

    ReplyDelete