Thursday, March 5, 2015

Books

Hello again, I'm just about caught up with all the posts from LOAD :) This layout came about from Day 23: Family Favorites. The prompt was All in the Family (Great show by the way :) What books do you and your family members read? I chose a fun layout after pondering quite awhile on this prompt, then it dawned on me a conversation I had with my oldest son on facebook:
The discussion was about 2 books by Stephen King, so I thought it fitting to find a quote by him to use for the Title, added a B & W picture of him and pictures of the books we were discussing.
 I used more of the chip board letters from the atd Vibrant chipboard Alphas and my brother labeler for the rest of the title.
 These are the 2 books we discussed. We both enjoy discussing the series Under the Dome and I'm looking forward to reading the book (it's a thick book :) at the library they had in 2 sections part 1 and 2. Doctor Sleep I got for Christmas and will be reading that very soon.
 So I went on Facebook and pulled up the conversation and copy and pasted it to a word document. I made the document 2 columns that is how I got it to be a bit compact. I printed them out on white cardstock and cut and inked the edges. The conversation is from April 2014.

We share a love of reading Stephen King's works is from the jouraling spot. We also share of love of horror movies, I don't care much for the gory ones anymore but he likes them :) A love that our family seems to enjoy watching, my brothers too not so sure about my sister Patty. This is another one of my favorite layouts from LOAD and not one I would have even considered scrapping if it wasn't for the prompt. That is what I learned from that last LOAD I did that the stuff you scrap is not the norm of scrapping and you can get some really fun stories told with out even trying to hard. A fun memory now captured on paper. The papers came from current kit in February, from the DCWV: The Linen Closet and the red border came from a border cut sheet from Cotton Bloom Stack. Thanks for stopping by today and seeing what's up in my little corner of the world

4 comments:

  1. Cool way to do the journaling for a page, Tina! Joe and I like "Under the Dome" too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool layout Tina! I love that you put the conversation with your son on this layout about the books. I also love SK's quote about books, so true too. I'm not into horror movies anymore, wasn't really into them much as a young person either, but of course went to see them and I did read a few horror books. I don't anymore. lol I did love the Shinning though, it wasn't gory but it had the suspense. My old ticker can't take it anymore though, although I will watch some in the daytime from time to time when Dwayne watches. lol It seems I can take them better in the daytime. I haven't read any SK books either. But I know they are good from other people. Yes, I can see how LOAD helps pull out these fabulous layouts with their prompts and boy do I love this one too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to print out the Facebook conversation (and good job getting it formatted to work well as your journaling!) Awesome that you included a quote from Stephen King as your title!!!
    I have read a few of Stephen King's books. I don't like horror (my mind just takes them and runs away with the bad stuff, I have nightmares about it), but I loved Carrie and recently read 11/22/63 and loved that one, too. So interesting about the murder of JFK! I highly recommend it as a non-horror option. Thanks so much for sharing and for opening up this conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous page!! Love the design and your creative touches!!!

    ReplyDelete