Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sketch Challenge with Wings for Lasting Memories

Hi you all, how has your weekend been :) We've been quite busy with it being Dave's birthday weekend. Dinner out on Friday to a new restaurant to us here in town, shoot no camera with either of us to take a picture, but the food was fantastic and now another place to go. They had so many choices on the menu, even if you went once a week for a year I don't think you would try them all. Yesterday we spent the morning and part of the afternoon checking out yard sales, yep that is what my husband enjoys to do the most I think other than his tractors, so that is how we spent the day. Now on to the challenge for this week at Lasting Memories.
This month's theme at Lasting Memories is Sky High and this week's theme is:
 SKETCH challenge AND add anything with WINGS onto your layout.
This is the layout I made for this week's challenge:
This layout is about the day I saw this Pileated Woodpecker in our yard. This is not one of the birds we normally see at the feeder so I was rather surprised when I seen it that day.
The sketch that we are to use this week:

I'm really starting to like these grid style sketches to tell stories and the extra empty spot on the bottom right is perfect for the journaling.
Here is a closer picture of the pictures in the layout of the Pileated Woodpecker. It's a very large bird and from the research I did online I think it maybe a female. I'm also putting this layout it the Scrap Our Stash Challenge a letter challenge: P/A/P/E/R
 P: Pileated Woodpecker A: American Craft Thickers, American Crafts paper (grid paper) P: Pearls E: Embossed (heat embossed stamped tree) R: Rhinestones (for the birds eyes on the chipboard pieces)
P-Pat
A-American Crafts, Arrow
P-Pear, Pink Ink
E-Enjoy, Enamel Dots
R-Ruled Paper 
- See more at: http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/#sthash.arJQgfj8.dpuf
P-Pat
A-American Crafts, Arrow
P-Pear, Pink Ink
E-Enjoy, Enamel Dots
R-Ruled Paper 
- See more at: http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/#sthash.arJQgfj8.dpuf
P-Pat
A-American Crafts, Arrow
P-Pear, Pink Ink
E-Enjoy, Enamel Dots
R-Ruled Paper 
- See more at: http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/#sthash.arJQgfj8.dpuf
I used the papers from my current counterfeit kit, I pulled out this bird paper and added it to the kit specifically knowing I was doing a layout about the bird. I also used one of the frames from the kit the rest of the items came from my stash.
Lasting Memories monthly theme made for the perfect title for this layout, so I used my thickers and my dymo for the title. I like how the black draws in from the black of the bird. This is where I had also added my journaling. I did tape the scrap paper that I first wrote the story on on the back of the layout if anyone wanted to read it in bigger type. I was surprised I could right that small.
For the corner element in the sketch I added another of the chipboard birds from a package of Studio 18 chipboard shapes and the 3 sunflower yellow Pearls. I'm so glad I was able to document this story in such a fun way. This is just one of the many reasons I do enjoy to scrapbook, yep you wouldn't find this kind of story in just a plain photo album. I look forward to seeing what you create with this sketch and don't forget to add the wings to the layout too. For more creative ideas for this challenge check out the Lasting Memories blog to see what my DT sisters have created.
Also, this month I'm hosting the prize for Lasting Memories for one lucky random winner so that is another reason to get your layouts linked to Lasting Memories:
Have a fantastic day..........





15 comments:

  1. Great layout! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a awesome layout. Great stash used, great details and pics. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous layout Tina. I like your close up bird photos and the white frame sets it off well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Love the frame. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout - I always like it when a focal photo is framed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout and use of the stash busting letters. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful page. I love the paper, the birds and they are so perfect with the pictures and the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love your photos, journaling, and entire design! i especially like the way you used the items in your stash! Thank you for joining us at scrap our stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful birdie take on the sketch. Loving the postage stamp border with the middle photo.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful take on the PAPER challenge. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi love this one, those birdies are cute and great take on the challenge. Many thank s from SCRAP OUR STASH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great wildlife photos. I really like the large area for journaling and that tree next to it. As I look closer, I realize that I have that background paper! Thanks for linking up at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible layout indeed. We love the colors, the small details and the birds : both real and paper :)
    We can't wait to see more.
    ^DymoSupport

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool layout! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the photos and all the journaling are awesome!!! cool tree ad love the bird accents! WOW! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete