Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Castle layout

Good day :) Happy Saturday to you :) I've got a busy day ahead with household things to do, but wanted to try to get the last of these layouts for challenges posted today. Well atleast that is my intention, you just never know what might take place throughout the day :) This layout comes from LOAD25: Cannons. the 3 prompts are: Story: Tell a story with a loud sound described in it. Product/technique: Use an explosion of tiny elements Image: A castle or fort. I think I covered 2 of them very well:
When I seen the prompt of an Image for a Castle, I got to thinking of where I may have seen one. Well we went to Gettysburg, PA in April of this year and with a google search I found that this monument was called the "castle" my layout was born! I printed the pictures and went to my favorite sketch challenging sites to find one that would work and Scrapbook Challenges had the perfect one for this layout :) I will have to keep a hold of this sketch because I think it'll work out for lots of layouts about or Gettysburg, PA trip.  I used sketch #455
455
I found lots of information about the "castle" on line and that middle part of the layout is perfect for that information. I found some pattern paper in my current counterfeit kit for the journaling spot. Created a document that I can reuse over and over again if needed.
 The journaling I found online about the "castle" Finding this made me excited about the stories of all the other monuments that I got a picture of.
 A close up of the pictures I took of the "castle" A view that I saw from inside through one of the windows. It's a view of the battlefield..
 My personal journaling of seeing the "castle". I was more in Awe of this time than what I was when I was a kid seeing it.
 The title work, I found this fun Alphabet in my stash to use and this is where I used the 2nd prompt with the explosion of elements. I can see that this scrapbook is going to be a blast to do! I'll learn quite a bit while putting it together. These are my adventures at Gettysburg, PA while Dave was attending to the vendors at the MMCI Winter Convention that the MGCA club hosted. It was great that we were in a city like this so I had something to do. I know we will get back soon to Gettysburg for Dave wants to see the battlefield too. Since I got all the pictures taken this time around it should be more enjoyable just to see the area.
On Sundays during LOAD we can create a BONUS KIT: Sundays the prompt will be your inspiration to pull a quick kit from your supplies! If you create a kit you may post it & be granted “Shore Leave” from doing a page. Or you could do both!
This week create a paperless “Add-On” kit with only dimensional &/or textural elements (flair, buttons, wood veneer, ribbons, brads, fabric, stickpins, bows, resin embellishments, layered dimensional embellishments, etc)
This is the kit I pulled for this past week. I did get to use some of it on this layout and a few others this past week. Thanks for stopping by and seeing the view from my little corner of the world....

2 comments:

  1. Nice take on the challenge sketch!! Your little paperless kit there looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty page! The colors are perfect for your photos.!

    ReplyDelete