Tuesday, January 3, 2017

It's Counterfeiting kitting time!

Hello and welcome to a new Counterfeit Kit Challenge for January 2017. I love the inspiration kit the Julene chose for this month and wasn't hard to choose papers for my kit from just 2 drawers of pattern papers in the blue drawer and the green drawer, but I did look through my brown drawer for a pattern paper too. These drawers hold my original scrapbook paper when I 1st started buying open stock paper and some leftovers from old completed paper pads that only had a few left to it. The kit we're counterfeiting is the Kaiser Craft Ubda dreams collection.

Kylie from Shop'n'Crop has provided the inspiration kit.

When I seen the kit on the 1st, I had to laugh out Loud! Wow it looks just link my shirt! I actually said that....
A Christmas gift from my sister, loved that it fit and wore it to church that morning.
I just loved those greens and blues for a January month makes me think of spring. I love the navy that seems to be seen trending so far this year and good to see dollies still coming out in kits (my favorite). My kit:

Glacially Toasted

 My papers:
The 1st paper I came across was the one with all the various circles on it and that started off my kit and I pulled my papers with that for my inspiration and when I seen the kit I knew the 2 6X6 pads I wanted to use, just added the 4X6 mat stacks for some extra choices especially for cards.
My mix media stuff I pulled including stamps that had the doilies on them, thought they would be some fun additions to my layouts, just a night of stamping to do some ahead I see in my future. I also added a waterbrush something I've not yet tried, been in my stash quite a while and still in the package.
My alphas a mix of small and large, partial packs I would love to get used up this month not sure what kind of titles I'll be able to create with them. 
My embellishments include rubons, die cut bows I would love to get out of my stash, an 8X8 paper kit that I thought went great with this and see it being used up fairly quickly, wood veneer doilies I purchased last Christmas and never used and a pack of recollections wood veneer I got for Christmas this year, ribbons, the pack of standouts I want to get used up, Urban Market chipboard stickers another one I want to get used up. The butterfly stickers I think I've had that in my stash for a very long time :) a good time to use it up! Some adhesive gems and some enamel dots that just match this kit so well. I slimmed down my choices so I may have a chance to use them up.
Also I reserve the right to use out of my stash anything I may need, cardstock, stamps, inks and so on. I belong to 2 FB groups that have challenges going on and 1 is a bashket that I have 20 items in to use up so access to that too and for the other group were doing a 30 challenge of flat stickers so they may pop in once in awhile, my alphas are part of that challenge too. 
So a great start to crafting for January :) I have a few DT projects to do and a crop this weekend that this kit will definitely go with me and lots of 2016 photos coming in that need scrap besides the ones I have on hand. I also have my Christmas kit from last month on hand for when my those pictures come in and I can get my December Daily done fairly quickly :) plus I still have my 100 pattern paper challenge pile still with in reach :) A good start for my Cover To Cover class I got planned this month :)
Thanks for stopping by and I would encourage you to play along too :) it's fun to have a kit ready to go when you sit down to scrap/craft just one of the elements that help to make scrapping just a bit faster :)

10 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous - I especially like all the doily options you've included. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shirt made me smile.I must have channelled it when choosing the kit. Wonderful kit Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit with lots of goodies in there. Love the shirt - made me smile.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shirt Tina and love the kit. The colors are just beautiful and fun to work with. Now I've been meaning to ask, the "kit's" are chosen from your own papers, embellishments and such by a color palette that is given to you??? It sounds exciting every time you show one of your kits! You get me excited. lol Have fun and you look great in your new shirt, so love those colors! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, that list of challenges and commitments in the last paragraph are making me feel tired. How do you fit it all in?

    You will love using this stash though, I'm sure. You have an amazing kit - I especially love the stamps (and, of course, the shirt.) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clair :) Being an empty nester gives a bit of free time to create more :) I don't watch TV so that time is when I'm usually in my craft space relaxing. Working nights and the hubby works days gives a bit of free time in the morning before I lay down and that when I can usually get my crafting on plus the weekends :) I just make sure to carve out the time for me and work out the house cleaning around that :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous kit-and lovely to "see" you, too! I love the stamps especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You included a ton of doily stamps! I love that! It made me remember that I have a set of doily stamps too!! HMMM....wonder if anyone would notice if I include them on a page although they aren't in my actual kit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful selfie! Def need to scrap that photo this month, with this stunning kit :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. great kit-especially love all your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete