Friday, January 9, 2015

Bling It On Birthday Card for the Funday Friday Challenge

Hi you all :) I hope you are staying warm where you are at, here in PA it's been a bit cold, brrr but today is starting out just a bit warmer than the last few days. Today we have the first challenge for 2015 for the Funday Friday Challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack Bling It On! is the theme and the challenge is to add bling to your project and we got some new sponsors for the New Year too. The sponosor of this challenge is Little Blue Button Stamps. I used their Sally digital stamp for my Birthday card today:
Isn't she just a cute digital stamp :) I used a variety of markers to color her in purples and did the balloons in 3 different colors embossing powders. I also used purple cardstock for the base of the card and the purple oval cut behind the Lacey Ovals spellbinders die-cut I found that the ovals cutting system from Creative Memories has the perfect oval cut for the background of this die-cut. I added gold rhinestones to each of the lacey holes of the die-cut.
 I used the gold cardstock that was dry embossed with a cuttlebug swirl embossing folder that I had in my counterfeit kit last month. For a backdrop on the card and added 3 borders all from my current kit the 2 birthday papers and the glitter silver tape. I scattered pink stars around the card from the sticker pack from the current kit and that birthday package came from the kit too.
You can see the embossed balloons better in this photo :) Still need to do the inside of the card yet for my granddaughter's birthday in April so I have plenty of time to decide what to do with it :) I also used the retro sketch that our Scrappin N Chatting group is using for the Jan sketch challenge.
Now it's your turn:
Our Sponsor this week is 
  The winner will win 4 digital stamps of their choice!!!!

 So make sure to play along this week~
  Starts: Friday, January 9th  12:00AM
Ends: Friday, January 16th  6:00PM
(Eastern time)

Challenge Rules

1. Please post a direct link to your card/project post that includes your challenge,
using the linky tool below.
2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge
3. entries per person and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.
5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.
 * All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements
Will not be eligible for top 3 or random/monthly wins.
The monthly prize drawings will only be mailed within the US and Canada only.

Now its your turn
Go to Jo's and take the challenge. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your coloring! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable Tina! I love that little girl image, she is darling and you have colored her up so cute! What a fun birthday card this will make for your granddaughter! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Tina. I love the embossing on the balloons and gold card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina I love the embossing on the balloons, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that embossed background - great blinginess!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gold swirls and hot pink -- that is a blingey combination.

    ReplyDelete