Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Cards for the Boy's Families

Hi you all :) Any crafty plans today? or over the next few days? It sounds like a good way to ring in the New Year! Right now my craft desk looks like it threw-up Christmas :) Oh my just paper, stamped sentiments, ribbons, and glittered items all over the place! Will need to corral that a bit before I get started crafting today. I have made quite a few cards for giving out at Christmas time this year and quite a few more this month as I found out I didn't have near enough made. So that will be a focus for next year and a goal that I atleast get one done a month and work on them during Christmas in July :) But I do want to get a few done while I have so much Christmas stuff out crafting layouts and my Dec Daily next month. On to the cards:
 I made this card for Albert and his family. I really like the small cut up pieces that you receive in the 6X6 paper pads lately. The reindeer came from one of my paper pads I had out for Christmas crafting this month with my December on the Go counterfeit kit. I have found the lots of words paper makes a great background for cards. I got this paper pack just about used up and see it getting finished up by the end of Jan when I put away majority if the Christmas paper :) Will keep the scraps separate to use on cards throughout the year. (Tina note this :) Funny how we think of things as were typing up the post :) The snowflake is a die cut from my cameo that I made a bunch for the layout I did this month, yep using up those scraps :)
The inside of the card, I used some of the striped paper from the same pack as the word paper. Banner piece from CTMH pack and the sentiment is from SU using the Christmas Red ink from CTMH.
 This is the card I made for Brad and family. I used 2 different 6X6 paper pads for this card and the paper from the Christmas pack that I have been using this month. I found these fun bows upstairs in a drawer unit I got at an auction long time ago, just went through it one day looking for something else and came across this bag of bows and lace :) A good find for Christmas crafting. Added some glitter tap to cover the joined spots of the different papers to give a much smoother look to the card.  This card was inspired by the sketch over at Mojo Monday #428 challenge:

It was a good one to use for this time of the year and I love the tag aspect of the sketch. Sketches do make it easier and faster to come up with an idea for cards when you are mentally crafty drained out :)
I brought in more of the paper on the inside of the card too. Same sentiment in both cards were used. Thank you for stopping by today to see what I'm up too in my little corner of the world...... Don't be surprised if you see some more posts today as I'm doing layouts for challenges before they end for the month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment