Friday, January 1, 2021

CKC - January 2021 Kit Reveal - Good Vibes

 Good Morning and Happy New Year! So ready for the New Year :) We got alot done around the house this past year but I miss getting out with friends and out exploring our world :) 

Are you ready for a year full of fun scrapping! Start with the 1st of the month and join us over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for an interesting and fun way to pull a kit together. I notice through Facebook that making kits from your stash is becoming a rage this past year :) how about that we were trendy before it was trendy! This month our host is Master Forger Lisa. But before we see the kit she chose lets welcome this month's Guest Forger Tamara. You should have arrived here from the creative Tara's blog there will be a full list of the blog hop at the end of the email. Now what Lisa has to say about her chosen kit for inspiration:
I've gone for a kit club that Leslie brought my attention to and have decided to select the Christmas kit. I know that I often do that for January but I suspect that some of us would like to scrap some Christmas memories from the festive season that has just passed or at least still feel a little bit jolly. 


Not Just For Boys kit club https://notjustforboyskitclub.com

I've picked out their "Flurries" Deluxe Theme Kit which is sold out but the photos and details are still available on the site.

It's a pretty cool winter kit, but not my cup of tea! So I went a little rogue with my kit:

Good Vibes 

I was drawn to the outdoorsy stuff that was in the inspirational kit that is where my kit went off too.
The papers I chose 30 of them for my kit plus some scraps too. One of my goals this year is get my pile of scraps dwindled down so I plan to add a certain amount to my kits each month to use up and to use the scraps up that I make each month too. I was drawn to the outdoors when I seen the kit and I went that direction with lots of woodgrains, florals, snowflakes (a nod to the inspiration kit) and the vellum pine cones sheets. Loved the plaids so I added some of this to my kit too and some geometrics too. Lots of fun papers to play with.
I added diecuts to my kit and that green mist too
the brads and wood veneer I chose for my kit :) some hearts and stars plus would love to finish off the yellow brads (a nod to this year's pantone color the grey I have a paper in my kit for that color)
Lots of black alphas to get used up, need to start playing scrabble with some of these to get the letters used up! That's my kit and I expect quite a few layouts out of it to start of the year :) Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll join us and create your own version of this inspiration. Now off you go and see what Laura has curated on her instagram page


Now for the monthly blog list and the reveal enjoy hopping around and seeing what everyone has been inspired by the kit :)


14 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous and humongous kit for you this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yes I'm known for the humongous kits :)

      Delete
  2. Tina, you captured the outdoorsy feel from the inspiration kit perfectly. That pine cone vellum paper is so pretty and such cute heart brads. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to playing with the vellum, need to figure out how to get it incorporated on the pages though

      Delete
  3. Great to see a kit that includes some scraps, as well as full sheets - and what a lovely selection you found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clair :) My goal this year is to get the scraps in the kits and get a hefty dent in that part of my scrapbook stash

      Delete
  4. Very woodsy and outdoor themed. I'm loving all the plaids/checks in your kit.Your kit is huge but then you are prolific so I know you will impact upon that kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julene :) I'm loving the plaids trend too so it's easy to add to my kits

      Delete
  5. Wowsers - that is one big kit! I always love to see all of your fun embellishments and you've got a great mix of papers to play with! I am looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm know for that I guess :) Prepping up for Bash Your Scrapbook Stash fb group's sketch a day challenge this month I'll use it up in no time :)

      Delete
  6. There is a pile of stuff I'd love to play with. Glad you are including so many scraps in your kit. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Come play with me :) Glad to include the scraps this year really want to make a dent in that pile too

      Delete
  7. love the big kit and love that you added scraps in there too...gonna copy that idea too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kat :) I always enjoy seeing your big kits too

      Delete