Saturday, February 15, 2014

It's All About the Green

Hi and welcome to my blog, I'm the designer today for Card A Day Blog We have been celebrating St Patrick's Day this past week over at CADB, we like to do a month in advance so you have time to create for your holiday and can find inspiration before it's needed. My card is all about the green:
I used a variety of greens for the card, a lime green cardstck for the scallop background and the sentiment cut, a light green cardstock for the card base, a green pattern paper for the background of the card this came from the K&Company Alleghany Plum specialty paper pack (this pack has pretty vibrant color designs and a darker green for the shamrock cut.
The shamrock cut is from the silhouette store: Design #39513 and the one thing I love about the designer software is that you can take that design and in the offset window and create that sweet scallop background with just the push of a button no thinking at all the software does for you, all I have to decide is how big of an offset I would want. I ran the shamrock through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder to give it dimension and added stickles pine around the edge for a glittery look. The background pc was cut from the silhouette also, a Lori Whitlock square that I adjusted for the card base. The sentiment tag came for a set roof tags from the silhouette store too. I used an ATD sticker pack that had the shamrock stickers and the rhinestones. The stamp sentiment comes from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes (this is a great all around holiday mix of stamps to have on hand) and I inked it with memento tuxedo black.
The inside all I need to do is add a white printed sentiment for the inside. I'll have to go look online for an Irish Blessing to put in there :)
You all have a great weekend and come back Monday for Creative Cutting Challenge and  then all week blog hop for 3 Twenty Crafts while we showcase the new stamps coming out.



No comments:

Post a Comment