Sunday, November 8, 2015

Who Are You Thankful For? - LM Challenge #267

Hello and Good Day to you :) It's been an interesting weekend so far: Crafting Thursday night and Friday for a few of my DT posts, Saturday we were on the Road to go to the MGCA Annual banquet (The tractor club we belong to) so a long day in the truck both ways, but it was fun to talk to the Hubby about things we may want to do next year for some road trips. Today is gonna be catch up day: Laundry, some cooking and just might get some time in the craft room too :) Such big plans to accomplish this month just hope there is enough hours in the days to do it all :) So this is one of my creations from Friday (the other one was posted yesterday). 
Our challenge this week can be easy for some, tough for others. Some it will even bring a tear to your eye and a smile in your heart, or it could have you in a full out belly laugh (all by yourself!) as you recall that awesome thing you did with that special someone.
Our challenge???
 There is so many ways I could go with this prompt so there is many layouts that just might get done in the near future too. I first went to looking at the photos I have on hand, that is a goal of mine this month to use what I have already printed and get them scrapped. That way I can upload current photos to the online printer sites and have them ready to be printed for when they have their holiday sales. So I came across this batch of photos of most of our family of Dave's kids and with following a couple of other challenges I gave it a party vibe:
I'm thankful for family: mine and yours equals ours :) Whenever we get together with Dave's kids and the grandkids too we always seem to play some kind of game: board, cards or outside games. It's one of the fun ways we interact with each other.
So with the Lasting Memories prompt, a recipe challenge over at the Pinspirational Crop Challenge: Over at My Scraps & More blog
Challenge #4: Food
I would like you to use this recipe on your layout:
Pepperoni: circles (circles for the border and title)
crust: strips of paper (pennants under the border)
sauce: use paint, mist or something wet. (Heidi Swapp Teal color shine)
cheese: sprinkle something on your page (confetti, sequins, beads, etc.) ( I used sequins, stickers and sticles)

For my layout I used part of the sketch over at Let's Scrap for my layout:

I knew I had the perfect trim for that border and my layout goes as far as the other border. So it was a great combination to create my layout
 This grid block I used for the bigger block on the sketch, added the circles and pennants for the heart style border. When I seen the stitched up border I knew I had the perfect trim in my stash for it. For the color of the trim I knew I wanted to use some purple from my CKC Feast of Fun kit. With all the various patterns going on I figure I better use a plain background so I drew the blue (B side) paper from my kit to give it some grounding. So the purple and blue (made for a great title block too with the help of my Dymo using the lt. blue labels and a CM sticker) helped me to pull my other paper choices.

I had a little fun with the journaling adding different textures to it with the word blocks and the white out in various spots.


I sprinkled the various sequins, glitter heart stickers and stickles up through the layout. Flicked the mist here and there on the layout.
Lots of scraps of strips of paper for the pennants on the bottom of the block, pulled from my scrap box for last month. I really had fun creating this layout with the fun choices from the recipe challenge and the fun sketch to tie it all together :) This will also be used for the SNC group's layout challenge of circles. Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I'm up too in my little corner of the world.........
From Lasting Memories we hope you find time to create with us this week!




11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout!! LOVE the colors and the banners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have used the banner to underline those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Tina. Love the word pieces added to your journaling, will have to remember that.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! Love all the super cool details, the flags & ribbon and your creativeness using the sketch!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Let's Scrap! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun layout, I like all your elements. Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina love your layout. The little flags and sprinkles are so cute. Love that you used the sketch from Let's Scrap and the theme from Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great family page, great use of the sketch !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you made the sketch work for one page!!! Thanks for playing along at Let's Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lot of fun and alot of happy people too. I love those kind of family times. Great layout and take on the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super layout, so much to look at! thanks for playing at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete