Sunday, July 1, 2018

CKC - July Kit Reveal - Dash of This and Dash of That

Good Morning and Welcome to July :) It's going to be a hot one around my parts they are saying we are in for a heatwave for all of this coming week :) so just may be staying in alot and scrapping and crafting. So it's a good thing that there is a new Counterfeit Kit Challenge for the month. I'm just about at the end of the blog hop :) So you should have reached me from Lori's blog excited to see what she pulled together for this inspiration. If you are just beginning the blog hop here then you will find the full hop order at the bottom of this post.
Lori has challenge us to use June Flavors of the Month kit from The ScrapRoom
 
Cool to have so many choices this time around :) I went with a bit from each and added an extra paper add-on for some scrapping I'll be doing this month. There are a mixture of masculine papers from Bella Blvd, great summer papers from Fancy Pants and Pink Paislee, and fun travel papers to document those getaways.
They also have the Doubleshot Kit, a paper kit add-on, embellishment kit,  the Shots of Life pocket card kit, and a card kit. You can find the links to those kits below:
Paper Add-on Kit, Embellishment Kit, Card Kit -  http://www.scrap-room.com/embclub.htm#7
The Shots of Life Kit is sold out, but here is the link to  it on the blog -  http://thescraproomblog.blogspot.com/2018/05/may-kits-now-available.html
They also have unboxing videos of all of their June kits on their YouTube channel which you can find here -  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCteQbV4yCkly_lBE-dWDr3A
Our Guest Designer for July is the talented Sandy Ross! She is a fantastic scrapper so it'll be fun to see what she gathers for this kit this month. You can see her beautiful work on her blog - It's A Family Affair. Thank you, Sandy, for joining us in July! 
The 1st thing I spied was the travel collection from Simple Stories Travel Notes, yep I got that whole collection so a great way to start I added that with a few extras in it from my stash. For the rest of the kit I went looking in my drawers of loose pattern papers this month to change it up a bit and I added a few thin paper pads that I would like to finish up and get out of my stash.
This is my kit that I created through this inspiration:

Dash of This and Dash of That



So my masculine flavor of the kit came from Bo Bunny Back to Basic papers I had, from that same drawer I found a couple other fun pattern papers and added the plaid and the diamond paper for layering. The next one is the Summer collection Word paper, water paper, October afternoon paper I got awhile back and the Shimelle Box of Crayons 6X6 paper pad. This kit has puffy stickers, flat stickers and diecuts. The lower right photo is the Birthday Wishes collection I came up with that was paper (some from last month's kit), die cuts, sticker page with alphas, basic grey capture pack pf diecuts, journal cards and stickers, lots of bits and pieces of various birthday stickers I would love to eliminate. The bottom right is the Travel collection: Simple Stories Travel Notes which I have the Collector's Essential Kit: It has the papers, die cut sheets, stickers, washi, shipboard stickers, and a die-cuts pack too. I added a self inking stamp tool that I need to figure out how to use (watch for this in an upcoming challenge this month, and I added a few Project Life cards too.
I added on this fun animal print paper too :
for the fun pictures that we took of the zoo while on vacation that I want to scrap.
A fairly large kit, not one I expect to kill but would like to put a good dent in it. Everything fits into 1 iris box so pretty managable and with doing Shimelle's Layering class this month, Ive got fun papers to layer with, then there is the Christmas in July project/cards I plan to do too, so I've got lots to keep me busy this hot month
Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your kit from this fun challenge this month :) Now off you go and see what fun kit Laura came up with over on her Instagram page


Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog -   http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/







10 comments:

  1. I love them all and the zoo papers will be fun to use. Great kits Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause!!! You covered all the bases, which totally stymied me. I am with you on scrapping up a storm in this heat wave - felt like 107* here in MICHIGAN, where we start to sweat at 65* ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic collection of kits! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far that looks to be a very ecletic mix, but I have complete confidence you will work through it all wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kit looks like so much fun! I have loved seeing how everyone approached the inspiration kit. I cannot wait to see all that you create with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great kit, so looking forward to you using the animal prints.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and fabulous kit Tina! Looking forward to your creations. Yes, a hot one here in PA. Stay cool, I will be doing the pool for sure! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous kit...love that we have the same approach with the four kits! The animal prints are a purrfect addition to your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great kit and a great idea for me to rummage around for those 6 x 6 pads that need to be gone! Love all the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A large kit this month Tina! I've worked backwards so I can see that you used a lot of it up and therefore I can see that it was successful for you. Great makes this month

    ReplyDelete