Tuesday, October 1, 2019

CKC - October 2019 Kit Reveal - Groovy Chic

Good morning and welcome in October! September was crazy busy with lots of overtime and a tractor show in the middle of it :) But I did get lots of scrapping done and hope to post some of those this month, but 1st.......
Laura is giving this month a try of being a host for Counterfeit Kit Challenge. First you should have reached me from the creative Lori's blog so excited to see what she pulled together for this inspiration. So Laura pick for October is the ‘Summer of ‘69’ kit from Studio Calico and yes, it is from 7 years ago! However, she say that if they released this kit today I would totally want to buy it, and I feel it looks just as fresh and bright as it’s modern counterparts.
 https://cdn.studiocalico.com/kits/pictures/000/000/584/xmedium/SCAugust2012Main_(3_of_3).jpg?fbclid=IwAR0oEbxSFNJ1G86tkylcFCYjmLNgOU4rHV0k8ol2au8idrAg-7woDsOr27k
 Wow isn't this just a Groovy kit! Love the vibrant colors and with the softer coolers. You can find the unpacking of the kit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZHQVaxabFw&fbclid=IwAR3DMwpc8LQG3f9DO83fTm1bzURdI1pRRtjp8SPUAOnqaDyRS6oX4RuSh10

So this is what I came up with for my kit: My counterfeit of this kit is:
Groovy Chic:


 My papers I choose both sides of the papers in the kit plus add a few more along the way:
 I raided my pattern paper drawers this month for most of my picking, but I also used some paper pads so bring in some old paper and some newer paper too. The dark grey paper is actually green and has embossed leaves on it that didn't come out so well for the camera. I added 2 6X6 paper pads that are similiar in patterns and colors.
My alphas for the month, no chipboard in this picture but the red and pink are there.
 This is something I got with a scrapbook box sale from a local girl and it was in the box with lots of scrapbooking stuff :) I noticed the pink chipboard with some other chipboard and thought it was a good time to sort through it :)
The 2 stamp sets I chose for the month :) something similar but quite different than what they had.
As you can see from the picture of the kit I've got buttons, doilies, diecuts, tags, chipboard, pearls and gems plus 3 things of washi :) in a different color than what Susan had used in her hint post in the facebook group :) but I knew when I seen I had some so I included that too.  Lots of bold colors, softer colors and neutrals too in this kit. I think it's gonna be a fun one to play with this month :)
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you join in with us for some fun this month with this fantastic inspirational kit over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, now off with you go and see what our hostess Laura came up with for a kit over on her Instagram page
 
The Blog Hop list just in case :)

Guest Designer, Ayaan - https://www.instagram.com/ayaan_scraps/
Cindy - http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Lori - http://loriannie670.blogspot.com/
Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/

And of course, don't forget that we'll be back throughout the month to give you some tips, ideas and challenges as you put together and use your kit.





8 comments:

  1. You've got all the elements in there Tina and have made up a great kit. Super colours, fun embellishments and lots of scrummy stuff to bring together lovely pages. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have pulled together another fabulous kit! I made sure to include stamps again this month, too - mostly for the labels! I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts with your kit this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to sort through a jumble of stuff in a box like that. I always have to rescue boxes of crafty stuff like that just to see what treasures I can find. Enjoy your kit, it looks very full of oldies and goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous kit Tina! Love that you included colored doilies and speech bubble wood veneer. Happy crafting.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa!!! Look at all of those alphas! That's right! You're a woman after my own heart in the kit making process! LOL!! I'm sitting here trying to WEED OUT some of last month's alphas so I can make room for more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous kit Tina and I like the bright pink twist that yours has.Your jumble sale box will be fun to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Groovy Girl! So much colour and life in your kit, can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've got a huge kit for October CKC, Tina! Lots of terrific possibilities! Enjoy being creative!

    ReplyDelete