Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Let's Go to the Fair

Good Morning to you :) I'm a little delayed on posting this layout for Stick It Down we were away yesterday and I never checked on it to realize it was still in draft mode in blogger :) Yep that kind of weekend just went with the flow with no cares as to what was happening :) I seen Friday's post was the same way so you'll see that one later today. So did you all have a great holiday weekend :) We did and you'll see layouts from the place that we visited yesterday, The National Civil War Museum, it was very interesting.
So this is the 1st challenge of the month over at Stick It Down the double page layout, but first I want to share with you today and our sponsor this month is Spiegelmom Scraps!

SpiegelMom Scraps is a specialty sequin mix shop based in Racine, Wisconsin (US).   SMS's owner, Jody, began her love of crafting as a child with her Nana and making coasters with yarn and plastic canvas.  From then on she never looked back and has always been creative.  She's been scrapbooking nearly 20 years and has always loved to sprinkle pretty little details throughout her scrapbook pages.  Jody's love of creating, adding tiny details and sparkle led her to start her business in 2010.  Since then SpiegelMom Scraps has grown, along with Jody's busy family, to a one woman small business with a fabulous design team called the Sparklers.   Jody and the Sparklers enjoy teaming up with other small businesses to swap products to create with and hosting fun events on social media.  Jody would love you to join them on their creative journey by following SMS on social media.  There's LOTS of inspiration and a wonderful community in the 15 Minutes 2 Scraps Facebook group also.  Please stop by and leave a comment telling us where you heard about SMS!  

You can find SMS inspiration on the BLOG, Instagram, You Tube channel, and the Facebook group.


 Pick up the new September releases in the shop and check out the FREE cut files they offer!
SID peeps can enjoy a 20% off shopping code, anytime, with code SIDSMS.
Here is the Double Page sketch:
 and this the layout I created from the sketch:
I really wanted to mimic the busyness of the border of the sketch and thought that layering different pattern papers and punching a couple would do it :) This was a few of the exhibits we saw at the fair within the buildings picking out a few favorites to scrap. I increased the number of photos from 6 to 7 and changed it up a bit but the essence of the sketch is still there.
The left side of the layout:
This year at the fair I concentrated most of my pictures to the flower exhibits and this side of the page shows a few that I chose that I really liked. I used alot of scraps on this layout from my August kit: Summer Life as this is part of our Summer Life. I used scraps from the kit for the border strips and bringing in the triangle pieces that were in the sketch.
The right side of the layout
You see the same elements on this side that was on the left side other than I did the photos into a grid to add more of them to the layout. The striped border reminds me of all those ribbons on the photo of Dave with the canning jars. There were some great exhibits this year at the fair.
Some close up photos of the layout
 I used a variety of embellishments from my kit too. Word card, die cuts and puffy stickers
 More of the triangles were used on this side of the layout
 The pictures on the left side of some of my favorites from the rest of the exhibits in the buildings
and my journaling.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your creation for this fun busy bordered sketch :)
Stop back later to see the other post I have for you

3 comments:

  1. What a fun layout Tina! I love your take on the sketch, especially the top of it. Your papers are so pretty and go so well with your bright photo's, which I love. Looks like a great time at the Fair! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Tina! Love the border pieces and the triangles being added as embellishments.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! I LOVE all the colors and embellishments; fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete