Monday, September 24, 2018

Powder Puff layout for Stick It Down challenge

Good Morning and welcome :) Today I'm featuring a 2nd layout for Stick It Down blog using their fun single sketch and also some fun sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps our sponsor this month. I received the SMS sequin mix called One in a Melon and wow what a punch of pink and green with some black too :) yep looks like a watermelon mix :)
One of the layouts that I created from the Demolition Derby at the local fair we attend was the Powder Puff competition and we have a variety of cars in this layout but there was that bright green one and a variety pink featured too one being that black with pink car so these photos were perfect to feature those fun sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps 
Here is the single sketch this month from Stick It Down that I used for inspiration for the layout:
 
 Very busy sketch which the Derby can be very busy too :)
 My journaling and to keep the pink going I used a pink pen too

 Close up of the pictures. For the layout I used old school technique torn pattern paper in strips to mimic the strips in the sketch. There were stars all over the place in the sketch so used the sequins in places where the stars were.
 I used a variety of counterfeit kits for this layout: The torn pattern papers came from this month's kit Falling For You. The pink matting I used for the photos was from my August kit Summer Life. The Alpha's came from June's kit Adventure Awaits and the background paper came from May's kit Geometric Beauty. I will usually have a few current counterfeit kits floating around my craftroom like this to grab from when I'm looking for certain things to combine to make a fantastic layout.

Thank you for stopping by today, still have a few days in this month to play along with this challenge. Check out Stick It Down blog for other creations my DT sisters are making this week with SpiegelMom Scraps sequin mixes.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun layout Tina! I love the sketch, but love your take on it even more. I can't imagine placing all those sequins down, but you did a great job. I love the colors you used on this layout as well. Such fun pictures! I bet you had a fun time at the fair! Enjoy the sunshine this weekend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete