Monday, October 8, 2018

Getting Lost in a Good Series - Stick It Down Double Page Layout


Hello :) I'm here today with the current challenge over at Stick It Down challenge blog. Our sponsor for October is Tanya Leigh Designz based out of Auckland, New Zealand, with her digital kits and embellishments! You can view more on her Facebook and Instagram page.
This month we teamed up with their challenge blog: White... With One. Their color this month is elephant grey. They're using our sketches and we're using 75% white on our pages with a touch of grey. How fun!


Here's the double page sketch for this month:

This is what I created for this challenge (updated version than from the team page, I added more journaling to the layout) :
 I loved this sketch and loved the spatter spots behind the pictures too. The rules of the challenge over at White....with 1 is: your layout does need to be at least  70% white  PLUS the specified challenge colour. You can use black (or dark brown) as an accent colour on your layout but it must not be the dominant colour on your layout. The gray that I had in my counterfeit kit this month was planned for this challenge in mind. So the only addition was the chocolate color mist I used to bring in some brown.
The Left side of the layout holds the TV series pictures I got off the internet and part of the movie pictures I got off the internet too. It also holds 2 of the embellishing clusters and my journaling.
 The journling
 a little bit of extra journaling
 One of my favorite pictures that came of the series with all the characters from the book too

 The Right hand side of the layout has the rest of the pictures from the movie and the pictures of the books that I purchased and that I got through the 1st one. Now starting the 2nd book in the series.

close up of the title work and the 3rd cluster.
This was also created from the prompt from LOAD 1018 Day 3 Show of the Day: Brigadoon (1947)
Brigadoon is a whole world that's been hidden away. Tell about a book, a play or film that created a whole world you got lost in. Why did it make you feel that way? 
So it was easy for me to use this series for this prompt as I love the whole world being hidden away like the Shawdowhunters were hidden from the human world, so cool and just love a series that is about demons, werewolves and vamps too :)  #saveshadowhunters

Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing what you create with this fun challenge over at Stick It Down challenge blog and if you really want to challenge yourself you might want to give White... With One challenge a try too.
 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool sketch/challenge Tina! I do love what you did with it. I've never heard of this show or books. I love the papers you used on this predominantly white layout, the little color your brought in is fabulous and I love the spray on each side of the layout. Great photo's as well. I think you have knocked this challenge out the park my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete