Monday, October 15, 2018

Homegrown layout for a Sketch N Scrap challenge

Good Morning and welcome to today's challenge over at Sketch N Scrap blog. Today with have this fun sketch:
No automatic alt text available.
Lots of space on here to play with :) and this is what I created with it:
For that big circle on the sketch I used a large doily! A yard sale find a few years ago that I'm still trying to get through them.
Created using this LOAD1018 Day 10 prompt: Show of the Day: The Music Man (1957)
Whether you grew up in a small town like River City, Iowa (the town from the musical) or a large city, your environment helped shape the person you are today. Write about the place you grew up & the special memories you have from that place.
 The self-guided tour through Downtown Williamsport was such a joy to do because it brought back so many memories of my childhood downtown. A town that you walk to and not worry about anything happening to you along the way. Times have changed and so has Downtown. But I love the addition of the information of the building that I can add to the layouts besides my own memories.
 Using speech bubbles too for telling of these memories just like I was talking and telling the story.
 I had fun telling of memories through the pictures and journaling.
 With and additional photo of Capital Records another favorite place I went growing up, especially on Saturdays after American Bandstand was on and I would go down to see if they had the latest 45 in :) Also using my current counterfeit kit: Tainted Love. Really did love growing up in a small town, miss that old town too as growing up so has the town and it isn't quite the way it was, but here and there you ca see bits and pieces of the past with in the present.

Don't forget to check out this month's crop over at the facebook group event:


No automatic alt text available.
Lots of fun sketches to play with over there too. Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing what you create for this fun challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This layout is so cool Tina! I didn't even know this was in town there, or I would have wanted to go see it. Not sure if Bret knows or not, probably does. lol I think it is so cool that the president of PCT raised money to redo the building and love that they kept it historical to the town. So cool! Love how your layout came together, your take on the sketch is awesome. Loved reading the journaling and seeing the photo's. I love learning about Williamsport through you my friend! Thanks for the history lessons! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete