Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Turning the Big 50

Well this is the last one for tonight, that is the 1st week of LOAD layouts this month throughout the day today. This layout was Saturday Day 7: Theme Time Capsule. Prompt: What's your Hairstyle? I went with something a bit more current for me.
The year I turned 50, I decided I needed a big change! I wanted to look 50 not 60! So I got my first professional hair coloring done. My hair looks seemed to have stayed the same through the years, I like the long shag style of long ago. It has changed at times but I always seem to go back to this simple style. So I found the photo I tok n my birthday, one there in December right before I got it colored and the 1 after I got it colored.
I went with a fun sketch over at the Memory Nest for my layout inspiration :)
 http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2016/05/make-it-monday-no-59.html
 I used a collage of photos for the photo block of the layout, went to my Birthday theme paper drawer for the background paper. I used a variety of papers to punch out the hexagons with my punch for the layout. Scattered them about after inking the edges and came up with a fun playful layout that took a bit to do. Thank goodness it was a Saturday :)
 My journaling I put on one of the 3X4 cards that was in the paper pad in my current counterfeit kit. I also used some of those cards to punch out some of the hexagons from on the layout.  I added some glittered birthday cupcake and star stickers around the layout.
 The photo collage
 My title, since taking this picture I have added Turning The above the Big on the layout seemed like I needed more for the title so I added smaller alpha letters and a word sticker to the title. Since turning 53 I have seemed to embrace my salt n pepper look and went back to my natural dark brown and gray locks of hair :)
Thanks for sticking it out with me today as I get caught up with challenges I have done this month :) Friday I bring another round of a week of LOAD posts for the 2nd week of May.



5 comments:

  1. This is a fun, bright page and I love the new hair color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous mix of colours on your wonderful page. Thanks for using the sketch from The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a real celebration vibe to your page - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute take on the LOAD hair prompt! I like that you added to the title as it really was about making that transition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, I LOVE your hexagons and the COLORS!! They are so bright and cheery!! Happy 50th birthday!! This is such a fun page and a fab way to showcase your milestone birthday!! Thanks for playing along with us at tMN!!

    ReplyDelete