Thursday, March 14, 2013

Red Raspberry Muffins

Good Morning All
A recipe for you today:
I belong to a local recipe swap group and we do the swaps as a paper craft. the dimentions of the cards are 6 X 6 so you have plenty of room for the recipe and any embellishment that you want to add. This recipe is from February 2012 and the theme was Red. So first I located the recipe on the internet that I wanted to do.
First I worked on the lettering files that I wanted to use for this recipe in SCAL. Also purchased a cut file collection from SVGcuts. com: Moonlight Garden Party for the raspberry, there are other cool files in this that I will use for other things too.
So all the prep work is done:
All the pieces were cut from DCWV: Cotton Bloom pack I had gotten at TJ Maxx for a steal! Oh they have not had any good deals like that in a long time, lately no scrapping stuff at all. All the words were cut from SCAL except muffins which was cut from My Kitchen Cartridge @ 2". The recipe was a bit long for the card so I folded in half and attached to the card that way. the recipe is held down with a flower type jewel I have in my stash. The background paper is Basic Grey: Vintage tee.
The recipe is:


1½ sticks plus 3 Tbsps of margarine
1-1/3 cups of sugar          2 pinches of salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla                   4 eggs
1-2/3 cups of flour           1-3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup of fresh raspberries           
1 Tbsp. & 1 tsp. of vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, salt & vanilla with mixer until fluffy. On medium speed, add eggs one at a time and mix. Mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl. On low speed, add the dry ingredients in two increments. Mix in oil. Then fold in raspberries. Divide among muffin tins that have been lined with paper. Top with streusel. Bake for 25-28 mins. Or until tester comes out with very few crumbs. Let cool for 10 mins, top with glaze.

                Streusel:
5 Tbsps. of margarine    1/3 cup of sugar
1-1/2 cups of flour           ½ tsp. cinnamon

Mix all together with a paddle attachment on the mixer at a slow speed until it begins to cling together. Or crumble with fingers until it clings together.

                Glaze:
½ cup of confectioners’ sugar
2-3 Tbsp. of milk

Whisk together till smooth. Add sugar or mild as needed to obtain the right consistency, Drizzle over muffins


It's a quick and tasty recipe.

Thanks for stopping by to see what I got cooking up for you today and I hope you enjoyed the view from my little corner of the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment