Monday, April 25, 2011

My First Layered Character Card

Wow it's been awhile since I visited you all, I've been so busy. I've made a few cards and work has been in overdrive lately. Well I finally did it, my first layered character card. This card was made for the swap from a facebook page Paper Crafting with Crcut. The April swap was a character card, which I have no character cartridges, so I declined to play. But the owner of the page contacted me with an offer that she would cut it out and all I had to do was put it together and attached to a card. Easy right, wrong after I got all the pieces I tried to get it put together but it just wasn't happening for me. Found out for the newbie at this, I was missing a main part of the cut, the layer that has all the detail cuts so I can get it put together. So I borrowed the cart from a local girl and got it all put together over the weekend. Here is the finished card, let me know what you think:
So this is the Goofy cut from the Mickey and Friends cartridge. When I started this project I didn't realize there was to be the black showing through around the individual pieces. But after cutting the main cut then all the pieces came together like that. It's a cute cut and I may have to invest into this cartridge. The cardstock is just the value cardstock at the craft stores and the border came from a cut on the Minds Eye Magnolia collection. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

1 comment: