Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Thank You Card

Hi All,
I'm the designer today over at the Card A Day Blog and the theme this week is Christmas Thank You card. If your from the CADB thank you for joining us today.
Now myself I would never have considered a thank you card until I joined in with CADB and seen as a theme and thought yea why not. So I get the blessing this year of not hosting my family this Christmas but my Sister-In-Law is so I decided to make this card and then send it to her and my brother after the holiday for hosting this year and maybe start another tradition. So here is the card
 This is probably the easiest card I have made yet. Clean and simple and who doesn't need that this time of the year.
Here are the pieces to the card that I made. It is a 5.5" X 5.5" red cardstock base. Doily seem to be the in thing at the moment so this packet of doilys I found at one of the local dollar stores and used that for the background piece. The lettering came from the Storybook cartridge on pg 71 in your handbook. I cut it in 3 layers: shadow in white, the main piece in green and the extra T and Y in a red glitter paper @ 1.25". Glued everything together and pop dotted the lettering to give it a float look off the background. Added gold stickles in each corner to frame it and that was it. Done in an hour from beginning to end. Easy Peasy!

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment