Thursday, February 16, 2012

Luck O' the Irish

Hi All and if your stopping by from the Card A day Blog welcome,
The theme this week over at Card A Day Blog is St. Patrick's Day and this is the card I have done for this theme:
This is how I made it:
This is a complete cricut made card even the base was cut from A Child's Year cartridge.


A Child's Year cartridge has a card feature that I decided to use for this card because of the shamrocks border on it. With the cartridges you just never know what your going to get in sizes sometimes. So I tried 4.25" for an A2 size card and the gap on the mat in the picture above is that card. Height was 4.25" but the width is 3 3/8". So when I did fit to page feature. I got a 7" high card with 5 1/4" width. So maybe a 5 1/2" high card will give me a the 4.25" wide card I was looking for at the beginning. I'll try that for the next card I do and let you know what happens. 

The icon feature on this cart doesn't seem to be part of the card feature. I did the hat in 4.25" and that is what I got a 4.25" high. So I did one around 2" for the card.


Cricut has out a wonderful all around holiday cartridge from New Year all the way through Christmas with most of the holidays in between, Celebrate with Flourish. That is where this sentiment came from. I put a piece of dark green cardstock behind the shamrock border to emphasis the border.
Put it all together add some stickles and rhinestones for the bling and the card is complete. I saved the smaller card base for to use for another card. So if you have a cricut and any of the cartridges that hats the card feature, play around with it. Surprising none of them are alike when it comes to the feature. 

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. I love that card. I will be making one of these. That is one of my fav carts!! Thanks for sharing
    Terri

    ReplyDelete