Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feeling Sick?

Hi you all and welcome to my blog. I'm the designer today over at Card A Day Blog and the rest of this month the theme is Get Well Soon fitting, for cold & flu season.
A get well card can be a bit tricky to design, especially for the men. But I came across a cool cut and used it for this card:
 I always go to my cricut cartridges if I want to make a quick card and out of the 4 I pulled out to get something designed for this card I seen this cut on the Wild Card Cartridge. I knew that I wanted to make it for a man and the saying was perfect, lol doesn't the hubby milk it when they are sick? Mine sure does!
So the specifics on this card is: it's a 5" X 7" card the Wild Card cartridge can be a bit tricky to cut from, why you ask, well the icon is based on the size of the actual card and when I did the first cut of the milk bottle at 4.25" it was small and I had a feeling the letters wouldn't cut well. So I decided to bump it up and at 6" you see what I got a 3.25" milk bottle. I took that and did the shadow and also popped it up. The sentiment came for the stencil part of the cut and that was at full size it took 2 tries to figure that out then it dawned on me that it was actual size so I did that at 3.25" too. I choose a plaid background from the DCWV Stack 8 pack and to draw in some of the red from the plaid decided on the border that was punched with MS embossed zigzag punch, which gave it some cool texture.
I used some of the leftover pieces on the inside to tie it all together:
I thought it turned out well, I think a good friend or my great hubby will be getting this card the next time they are feeling a bit blue.
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my little corner of the world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment