Sunday, August 11, 2013

With Heartfelt Sympathy

Hi all, Today I'm the designer over at Card A Day Blog and the new theme is embossed (Wet or Dry). I've had this card for awhile waiting to post to this theme. This card came about from a Pick a number swap in The Northeast Scrapbook Friends yahoo group. I picked 6- Dry Emboss was my theme. Sympathy cards are always hard to do and so when I see a special one I try to lift it. This one came from a magazine.
Embossing in any form can make a card just a bit more of a special card, it can be just the slightest touch that can send that card to the next level. I really need to work on including it more often.
 The scallop shapes and the pennants both came for the Art Philosophy cartridge to the size I wanted in my gypsy.
 I started with cardstock from Staples in natural, next layer was Brown paper from Cloud 9 Design-Specialty Pack. The next layer is from CTMH Kraft cardstock run thru my cuttlebug with Honeycomb sizzix embossing folder I got from SU (makes a real nice background). The longer rectangle piece is Wallpaper style paper from SU: Well worn pack. the lace trim came from Making Memories: Chelsea's Place Trim pack.
The scallop border cut and the flower came from green distress style paper from my stash. The flower was cut from Forever Young cart at 1.75". The sentiment comes from CTMH Words of Comfort Occasions and with Chocolate ink. Added Queen & Co. Ivory Pearls to the scallops and the flower center.
Adhesives: ATG-1/8" & 1/4" Scor-tape and tomboy wet adhesive in the blue bottle.

This was a good card to do and will I hope the receiver feel great comfort from it. I love challenges and these cards in my thoughts are good for challenges cause now I'm prepared to give it to someone special. Thanks for stopping by today and seeing the view form my little corner of the world...

As summer starts winding down and so our garden winds down I'll get to my blog more often with new creations from all my craft passions. I'm taking on 2 classes so you should see what I'm crafting soon from those 2 classes, both are from the Big Pictures classes.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment