Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Thank You Card for CCC

Good Morning :) I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! I sure did, lots of crafting, catching up on blogs, emails and facebook and lots of resting too. Today's card is for the Creative Cutting Challenge Spring theme challenge:
When I think of spring I think of the flowers that are starting to bloom, it's always nice to see the crocus peak out from the snow to show there beautiful color. What better way to say Thank You than with a Bouquet/Vase of pretty flowers. This is one of Creative Point's newest svg files:
Build A Bouquet
 You got all the fixins for a really cute bouquet. It sized down perfectly for a card front too. I thought a thank you would be a good way to use this card.
 I tried something new in my Silhouette program, by duplicating the vase and then doing a release compound path you then get the solid image. So I used that solid image to cut some vellum to represent water in the vase :) I really like how it came out and it's good to learn something new. I used the orange ribbon in my current counterfeit kit with some sequins and a SU Teeny Tiny Wishes set for the sentiment and the banner is from the Echo Park Sweet Day sticker sheet.
Love that you can use all kinds of scraps to make the flowers for the stems. Various papers from this month's counterfeit kit. I popped up the flower heads with foam tape and added a pink sequin to the one flower's center.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see your creation over at Creative Cutting Challenge here are the details of the challenge:

Now we're ready to see YOUR  SVG (or similar) creations.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
They are simple and short.  Please click on the rules tab above for complete rules to enter this challenge.  
MOST IMPORTANT RULE:  You MUST use a SVG or similar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Please make sure that you mention somewhere in your post what part of your project was created with a cutting file.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Tina! Yep, I think flowers in the spring too and your flowers are just so pretty. I'm not sure I understand what you did to get your vase the way you did, but I sure like it! This is a great thank you card for sure!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely card! Your flowers are beautiful and you are a genius for making the water with the velum. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of this design. Almost like a coloring book page. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! ! LOVE those flowers and how you put them in the vase!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boggles my mind what us mere mortals can do with a little paper & a whizzbang gadget, lol! Agree with Lynnette - like a coloring book or maybe stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have really demonstrated some of the possibilities of this new svg with your very pretty spring card . The vellum is a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card - simple but bold - I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love the bright colors and the way you used the vellum is wonderful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty, Tina! I love the vellum vase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina this is a very pretty card, love the vase of flowers. They are so colorful and fresh! Very pretty!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete