Sunday, March 1, 2020

CKC - March Kit Reveal - Backyard Oasis


There it is! March is here! Thank goodness to warmer weather too :) March is a month I enjoy cause I know Spring is on it's way and that means Bird migration is on it's way too and I do enjoy to see the more colorful birds of Spring this time of the year.

“Every bird, every tree, every flower reminds me what a blessing and privilege it is just to be alive.” 

 The beginning of the new month brings also a new monthly kit to play with from Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. You should have arrived to my blog from Tara's blog, if not there is a complete blog hop list at the end on this post. Our hostess this month is Lori and she chose a wonderful inspirational this kit this month for us to be inspired by:
"I have picked Citrus Twist's February 2020 Scrapbooking Add-on kit for our inspiration kit. We have had a string of cloudy, dreary, rainy, snowy days around here, and that paired with the fact that the first day of spring is in March here in the Northern Hemisphere had me looking for a bright and springy kit.

Inline image

Citrus Twist Kits also has a Life Crafted kit. I know I will be drawing inspiration from it, as well.
https://citrustwistkits.com/collections/current-kit-subscriptions/products/life-crafted-possibilities-kit-february-2020

Inline image

I have asked the wonderfully talented Julie Jeavons to be our guest designer and she has accepted. I always love to see her beautiful work when she shares with us in our Facebook community. 
 
My kit I affectionately call it Backyard Oasis 
When I think Spring I think of time out back relaxing and taking in the new growth of the year, we're seeing geese coming back to the area, deer coming in eating fresh winter cover crop in the garden and the crocus are peeking out with daffodils about ready to burst
 I was mostly inspired by the scrapbooking add-on kit for my layout, but wanted to add project life cards in too. My paper choices:
 I really like the florals in thei inspirationa and love the salmon and coral in the mix together so brought in some CTMH Charlotte that I want to get use up and out of my stash. So the project life cards came from there and from PL Midnight edition too wanting more of that mustardy yellow that was in the kit. Found the one bird paper I liked that went well with the rest of the papers and the night sky papers for the fun of looking up at the stars at night. 
The Alphas I added to the kit:
There is the one in the front I would like to get used up this month :) Lots of titles coming from the gold sticker sheet. That is it for me a small kit this time around, but I'm bring over what I have left from last month's kit too. Now off you got to see what the fabulous Tracey has been inspired by this kit. 

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Blog Hop


 




4 comments:

  1. Another fantastic kit Tina. Your emphasis on coral colours shines through.Enjoy your kit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done - I like how you've added the mustard yellow in the cards - it pairs so well with the coral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you have a fabulous kit prepared! I love the salmon color too and am glad I wasn't the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I am only just now hopping! Love your take on the add-on kit with the addition of some cards. Sounds like from your description that you did a good bit of stash-busting this month - Bonus Points! I'm also looking forward to the birds returning. :D

    ReplyDelete