Saturday, June 18, 2022

Family Memories Happy Easter LO for Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Good Morning, June has went by way to quickly this month! We had some great weather, this past week it's been a bit hot but I'll take it!  Welcome to the 2nd challenge over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Kate is the host this month and she has this to say: This time it's a photo challenge!  For Challenge #2, I want you to use black and white photos on your layout, I feel that they make such a HUGE visual impact.   And while some people may find it hard to scrap b/w photos, here are some tips she supplied about using black and white photos:

1.  Don't use too many embellishments otherwise you'll drown out the photos.  Keep it simple.

2.  Make your papers and embellishments accent the photo. Pretend you can see the colors in the pictures and then use those colors.

3.  Clusters are your friend!  Keep some white space!

4.  When I'm photographing events or things, I purposely change my camera settings and take a few b/w shots so I don't have to convert them.

I used a sketch to help me with my layout inspiration and my lovely Family Picnic kit too:

My siblings pictures, looks like it's my brother Steve's 1st Easter. Patty, Charlie and Steve is in the group picture. I've had these hanging around my scrap room for quite a while and I'm glad I had a challenge to help me use them. Grab some Easter embellishments for the layout but the rest came from my kit.
Thank you for stopping by today and seeing what I'm up to in my little corner of the world. I hope you join us over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for this fun challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment