Saturday, December 15, 2012

Merry Christmas to YOU Blog Hop

1st I would like to say my prayers are with the Families in Conn.


 Hi you all I hope your enjoying the hop this is the card I have done for you all today
 This card started with the squirrel cut off of Jolly Holidays cricut cartridge. I used Liquid Applique to give a real nice 3D effect to my card. It's really cool to use on Christmas cards to give an effect resembling snow or the fluff on a hat.
   
 First you want to cut out the parts and glue the layers together. The layer cartridges are pretty cool to use because they add cut marks for lining each piece. I use Scotch scrapbooker's liquid glue in case I have to wiggle any of the pieces to fit (dries quick though)(cut out at 3")
 Next you want to put on the liquid applique (mine is from Marvy, you should be able to get it at any scrapbook store). I have added the liquid to the white on the hat and used the heat gun to make the applique effect.
 Add some stickles to dress it up and it looks great on the front of a card. Takes about an hour to get it put together from all the pieces cut out. Easy-peasy.

Supplies Cardstock: Red, white, black, brown and tan (All from ANW/Crestwood, Inc.)
Patterned Paper:  DCWV the Cristmas Combo stack
Stamps: Merry Christmas from Scrappy Cat
Ink: True Red (Ink it Up)
Pens: White gelly roll pen for stitching
Die cuts: Squirrel from Jolly Holidays
Ribbon: Sheer Red (Jo-Anns)
Trimmer: Cricut and Fiskars
Punches: Fiskars lace corner for the sentiment
Adhesive: Scotch Scrapbooker's Glue
Stickles: Xmas Red, Diamond, Paprika
Embossing powder: SU Iridescent Ice with the fluff
Electronic cutter: Cricut Expression
Tools: as we call the basic kit (it all sits out on my craft desk)

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world and you next stop is at  Tahi Scrap Corner
(Small world, we both have a craft corner in this big world) 


11 comments:

  1. Adorable card! That squirrel is super cute!




    Amanda
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! I love all the details and little touches you added to it. Thanks for hopping along!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute squirrel!!!! Love him!

    Thanks for being in the hop and Merry Christmas!
    ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a CUTE card! I love it!!
    Merry Christmas
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.... what a little cutie!!! TFS! Merry Christmas! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute project! Thanks!

    tiggeria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved that you used a critter not normally associated with Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card!!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog hop to say hi! I thought I would stop by yours too!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina, you won the blog candy from Welcome Winter blog hop. Email me so I can get your prize out. I didn't have an e mail for you so hopefully you get this by the 5th!

    cleosan52 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete