Monday, February 19, 2018

Portersville Steam Show layout for Use Your Stuff challenge

Good Morning and welcome :) to challenge #300 over at Use Your Stuff blog. I'm the hostess today over at Use Your Stuff challenge for this challenge of Twinkle Twinkle - Use something sparkly on your project.
I used stickles to add some sparkle to my layout, using some night paper makes it really match up well with The Twinkle, Twinkle of the challenge:
 This layout came about from LOAD218 Day 2 prompt: This inspiring quote:
Gustave Flaubert quote
and to use tiny elements on the page and a galaxy theme :) So I dug into my stash for the black starry paper to add to the layout and then added the stickles that is in my current counterfeit kit: Pretty Little Pastimes for the sparkle :)
  This layout will be the cover page leading into a weekend getaway trip. The 1st overnight trip we had been on since our Honeymoon in 1993. 11 years later I finally got the hubby to go somewhere else for his birthday than just the local antique tractor show. With a conversation with one of his friends about the show he made the plans for us to go :) I had been there before doing embroidery and had told him of the show too :) This is the beginning of a fun relationship we have with attending Antique Tractor Shows. Since he is now a Mechanic Tech that is on the road alot it is no problem with us taking off for a daytrip or a weekend trip :) Back then it really was different, he's come along way since then.                       
 Few of the tractors I took pictures of at the show :)
 My title work
and the final picture :) even a masculine layout can have some glitter to it used in the right way :) Adding the stickles to the circles on the black paper makes it look like a twinkly night :)
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your creation for this fun challenge too over at Use Your Stuff blog.


2 comments:

  1. I adore the little bits and pieces that you've included here and the paper you'Ve journaled on is simply divine! The tickles and mini stars are also perfect to really enhance that star paper - you know what a sucker I am for star paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOAD218 Day 2 prompt

    This says a lot about traveling. It captures the little moments all in one adventure in this saying! This also intrigues me to research more about LOAD, too. Thanks for sharing. from Funlovin88 aka Cheryl

    ReplyDelete