Monday, June 18, 2018

Our Home LO for Challenge #2 - Midsummer Madness!

Good Morning and welcome to the mid-month challenge over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.  Lisa has chosen a fun prompt for this 2nd challenge of the month.
It's almost midsummer's day here in the northern hemisphere and I for one, love this turn of the year. Watching the days get longer until they reach this high point before the sun starts to head south again and days get shorter again is part of the year's rhythm that I particularly note. And we all know just how much the Scandinavians mark Midsummer's Day with parties and celebrations. Celebrate the summer solstice (or the winter solstice if you are south of us!) for yourself with your project. 
So that is the challenge for us and I did a layout of some pictures I took over the Spring that we prepare, we watch and we have fun leading up to summer. Summer here can get a bit warm and very humid so I enjoy the outside as much as my allergies are going to let me before heading back into the house.
 Us preparing, Us having fun and Us watching. I used a fun sketch over at the Summer Haze crop for Sketch N Scrap, adding my fun take on the sketch. Everything on my layout is from this month's Counterfeit Kit challenge: Adventure Awaits
 The pretty pastel colors of the kit help bring out out more of the photos and the embellishing,
 I used all stickers on this layout except for the & signs that were acrylic (almost done with that old pack of beachy acrylic pieces from making memories 2007, thinking this is one of my oldest things in my kit this month :)
 it was fun to add journaling with each photo besides the date too :)
Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your link up of this fun challenge over at
Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog



No comments:

Post a Comment