Monday, July 1, 2019

CKC - July 2019 Kit Reveal - Countryside

 Good Morning and welcome to July! It's a bit hot and humid here in my area so that makes for lots of not so much scrappy time as the paper just likes to stick to you while your trying to create :) But if I get in the creating mode first thing in the morning then it's not to bad. We have a fun new challenge kit for you over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. If you come from Leslie our Sweet Blue Box Scrapper :) then your right on track. I'm the hostess this month and was blessed to have an internet friend join me this month as my guest. Kathy McElfresh, Kathy and I met awhile back from Scrap Happy when I was chatting about Calvinball and somehow got her into it! If you follow Calvinball then you know she was on fire this year from it :) Just as I introduced her to Calvinball, I also introduced her to Counterfeit Kit Challenge when I found out that she like to make kits. We got to meet in person in March at a retreat I went to in OH it was so cool to get to know her a bit better and so glad that she is a friend :) 
I chose for the month of July a sweet summery bit in the country style kit from Clique Kits. I went with their June 2019 kit, it's more my own style. Sweet Tea kits (Sounds like Summer)


I used a bit of both kits into my own kit :) I used just the A-sides to the paper choices in the Main kit and added 3 6X6 paper pads to represent the Junior kit. Here is my kit that I call:
 Countryside land that is away from big towns and cities. The kit reminds me of getting away from the current color schemes and kicking back and enjoy the blues and greens of summer wiht some pops of color here and there. 
The papers:
 My Alphas
 I needed more than just gold that was in the kit so brought in some black too. Adding a word sheet in the blues and greens
 Lots of little bits and bobs in this kit too
Added so words in various forms to the kit like what they had in the junior kit. Combining both kits in certain ways has made for a fun kit to play with throughout the month of July :) Now off you go and see what fun kit Laura came up with over on her Instagram page. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your kits this month. 
 

Here is the blog Hop list if you got lost at all:
Counterfeit Kit Challenges -  http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer - Kathy McElfresh (Scrappy Kathy) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qtVo7aBN2as-CGizhMb1A








8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blues and greens Tina.You have plenty of gold alphas to use there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your kit has a very cohesive feel to it, and it's quite a good size. I just finished up my 6 x 6 pad of Welcome Home, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to playing with after all the colors I played with last month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! No one would ever know that it wasn't a real kit! It matches so well and it's going to be fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were definitely inspired this month :)

    ReplyDelete