Tuesday, September 1, 2020

CKC - September Kit Reveal - Summer's End

Good Morning and welcome to my little corner of the world :) Hey it's the 1st day of September and that means it's time for a new inspirational kit over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and this month our host is Master Forger Cindy. But 1st you should have arrived her from Tara's blog. Welcome to our Guest Designer this month:  Misty Murphy, she can be found on her You Tube channel Crafty Soup Video (https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftySoupVideo) here.
From Cindy:
 Summer is almost over, schools are starting, leaves are changing here in Minnesota, the weather is great, the garden is producing, we are still grilling and enjoying the patio and deck, I am not ready for the white stuff to come.  
With that said, I picked a kit that that has a little bit of all of this going on. It is the August 2020 Flavors of the Month Kit from The Scraproom.  I love how I will be able to scrap all of this with just one kit and how I can combine the kits and make a layout using a little bit of all of them. It is like one giant kit or four small ones.

You can find the kit here and an unboxing video here,

Cindy's right we are seeing here in PA the end of the garden harvesting, finally some cooler weather and Schools is starting. We're still grilling here and enjoying our back porch/patio while we can before the temps change so with that said I stayed in the 4 sections to create my kit: 
Summer's End


My 1st section is cooking related too using the last of my Echo Park Homegrown Collection and some scraps that I found along the way with some cute die cuts from my old swapping days. This includes 2 sticker sheets too and die cuts pack (I was surprised how many were left in the pack):




The next selection was the school block so I grabbed the one school collection I had bits and pieces of from CTMH Chalk It Up with that I added 2 papers from last month's kit the blue stars and swirls and the red. The CTMH collections has plenty of cardstock with it that I can use that across the other collections. The chipboard, the stamp set and some bits I added (owls) to finish up this selection:



For the bottom left section I went with a younger boy's collection thinking of some older grandboy pictures and a trip to the Museum of Earth in Ithaca NY pictures that will work with this collection from PhotoPlay: Jurassic that includes stripe paper, dotted paper, Dinosaurs, footprints, cutaparts, a fun sticker sheet and some die cuts. I added a stripe paper from Three Bugs in a Rug (old paper!) and an unknown dotty paper that probably came out of a paper pad, the only thing I might have to add is some alphas.

The last one is a nature based section which I included the mushroom paper from last month's kit, 4 sheets from the Pink Paislee Again & Again collection, stickers and die cuts from Heidi Swapp's Honey & Spice collection, enamel dots, a couple of odd ball cutaparts and some mushrooms in wood veneer and die cut



 A smaller kit than my usual kit, but I still got lots left over from last month to play with yet :) Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll join us and create your own version of this inspiration. Now off you go and see what Tracey has curated on her blog


 Now for the monthly blog list and reveal, enjoy hopping around and seeing what everyone has been inspired by from the kit. 

8 comments:

  1. I see this month's 4 part inspiration as a challenge of its own. Thanks for sharing your take on it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have pulled together a great kit to work with, Tina! I love what you have put together and look forward to seeing your creations with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all gorgeous,especially the dinosaur kit and the natural one bottom right.Enjoy yourself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love that you have four sections to your kit and it's still smaller than your usual kits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clair :) I thought best to go smaller this month so I can use up some of last month's kit too

      Delete
  5. Tina what a beautiful kit, I love the blue owl in there. Looking forward to your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kit this month! The owl is super cute! Have a great month creating lots of beautiful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. I especially love those dinos

    ReplyDelete