Thursday, March 13, 2014

40th Anniversary Card

Hi you all and happy Thursday to you:) Today I have a card I made for my SIL and her husband's 40th Wedding Anniversary, the party was this past Saturday. It was a nice little get-together that the boys and Steve's brother put together as a surprise:)
So this is the card I made, the color for 40 years is ruby so I did my best to stay in the red theme. Used some of my counterfeit kit paper and some glitter paper too. Red cardstock and the red blotchy paper for the background. More red cardstock for the swirl design (Silhouette Design #15716), the smallest heart from a nesting hearts file: Design ID #9542 and butterfly file: Design ID #43296(just the top layer). the 40 is stickers with sticles on top of it.
 I tried to flex up the butterfly to give it some demension
The inside of the card:
I layered with the red blotchy paper and the white inked with red and added that heart the was created from the center of the swirl file to the inside.
Joe (on the right) doing the toast for Mary and Steve (center with one of the G-daughters in the front)  and Ben looking down, the boys did well :)

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I'm up to in my little corner of the world....

9 comments:

  1. Love the lace-y feel to this and the larger sparkly butterflies. What a great milestone for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card to celebrate this so special milestone. Don't see that longevity so much now-a-days. Wish the best to this happy couple. Love that you picked the Ruby color with the hearts as your central theme. Love the glitter & design you picked. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Lovely silhouette files they are perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the happy couple - what a beautiful card to help them celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great celebratory card and the dimension on the butterflies is really lovely. Well done on the CKC shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on Fab 6! So fun to keep to the ruby nod to the anniversary with all that beauteous cutting :~D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card looks wonderful.It looks like the party went well too.

    ReplyDelete