Monday, March 24, 2014

March Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop-Polish Cannon


Welcome to March's Blog Hop from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. If you came from Lisa's blog Recklinghausen Musings... your on the right track and If your just starting the hop, then you'll want to go to the beginning at  CKCB, so you can see all the ladies' contributions. The challenges this month are:
  1. Challenge #1 Water Color Challenge:  Use a water color technique on your project!
  2. Challenge #2 Let's get inspired by Jennifer! - Find something on Jennifer's Blog and create a project based on it.  Please make sure to share a link with your original inspiration.
  3. Challenge #3 Background texture  - Add texture to your background  
I choose  to do number 2, inspiration from Jennifer's Blog. I'm on her email list and when I seen this post I knew that I want to give the sketch a try and I also loved Jennifer's rendition of it. I struggle with layers so sketches help with that and when I see other crafters doing it then that just helps me more :)
It was her post from Feb. 4, 2013-Muddy Puddles was the theme of the page  this was her image:
 Muddy Puddles layout by Jennifer Grace
 Isn't that just a fun page:) I thought it was and just love all the speckles dots and spritzs on the layout
Feb 2014 SJ Crafts Challenge - Sketch by Jennifer Grace
This was the sketch. My version has my journaling block down a bit into the bottom border since I used a 3X4 journaling blocks (all the 3 X 4 blocks are from the PL-Jade core kit.
Because of the theme of my layout I pulled out a sheet of CTMH Superhero paper pack for the little mat behind the final photo (loved that idea from Jennifer). This was so much fun to watch Brandon wanting to know what this thing was when Dave brought it out.
It does make a big pop noise so the variety of words on the sheet fit and I sprinkled a few around the layout. We are usually the ones going up to NY to see them so it's a treat for us when they come down for a visit. 
Everything else came from my March kit. The banner (inspiration from Jennifer's layout I just moved it) , the little bits and pieces came from Elle's Studio pack (that only has a few pieces left, yay I just may finish it off this month :) Also used some of the bubble stickers I notice the one cut piece had pink in it so I drew from that too and brought in the smile and the circle one. The heart strip came from the Amy Tan pack I pulled and I scattered the gold rhinestones all over the place.
 This was just a fun layout to do and I'm so glad that I had all this inspiration fro Jennifer's Blog to help me with it :)


Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have lots of fun hopping around from blog to blog.Your next stop on the hop is Leslie at Out of the Mire

And if you got lost here's the order for the Blog Hop:

CKCB     http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.de

I have entered this into these challenges:
Stash A Thon Challenge #5 ~ Banners

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts and some beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fabulous scraplift from Jennifer's page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout - very festive colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun page and nice take on the Banner challenge at Scrap Our Stash! Thank you for linking up with the Stash A Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I was inspired by her too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool layout Tina! I love your version of the sketch. I think it is cool how you used PL cards on your layout, never thought to do that. lol I love the superman paper behind your one pic too, gives that picture pop! No the rolled flowers aren't hard to do at all. Hot glue makes it easy too, as the liquid glue takes to long to dry. Give it a try, you will be hooked! Have a great week my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. great way to use up your PL cards! Love Jennifer's inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout, great take on the sketch. Great use of the project life cards and love that superman paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike :)
    Loving your bright, fun colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the original from Jennifer! It's a lovely original and you've made a super bright, happy version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa, you've got a great eye you know that :)

      Delete
  11. Great layout! Love the colorful banner! Thank you for playing along in our Stash A Thon at Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a Jennifer Grace vibe going on! You did a nice job with the sketch, too :~)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done. I tried to do that sketch challenge when it was on SJCards but I just couldn't make it work. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cool Tina! Love your interpretation of the sketch and your use of PL cards on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you pulled inspiration from the layout.
    Love the Superman Paper.

    ReplyDelete