Sunday, March 2, 2014

Counterfeit Kit March Challenge-Gold and Red Clash

Hi you all and welcome, yep it's a new month and that means a new kit challenge over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and it's a really cute kit:
February 2014 kit "Color Swatch"
Really enjoying the way the month has been falling and reveal day is on a weekend. I just love the Golds and Reds (a couple of my favorite colors) and lights to balance it out. Wow the blog hop yesterday was lots of fun and the girls did an excellent job forging this kit with lots of inspiration to go with. So now this is my kit: Gold and Red Clash:
I decided this month to pull my kit from my one paper cart that holds my Close to My Heart and my Stampin Up paper packs, I really need to get some these used up :)
The bottom 3 drawers holds just about all of them, other than my Workshop kits from CTMH
The paper mainly comes from SU (because that was the first drawer I started with, lol) But I have some odd balls in the mix too and a couple of CTMH in there also. SU: Plum Spiral, 4 wood sheets from the Firewood Lodge collection, Well Worn all 7 sheets I had left: Gold w/ red cracks (looks like the sidewalk in front of my house growing up to me), Gold w/ red streaks old wallpaper, Red/Gold brick, This & That Epic Day pack: Old Inventory sheet. Creative Memories: 2 yellow and 1 gray chevron. CTMH from Typset pack: Red newspaper and I pulled the whole Buzz & Bumble scrapbook kit. Odd pieces that were in the upper drawer of the cart set aside for specific layouts: Is the farm papers and the yellow polka dot is actually adhesive backed fabric paper (I'm looking forward to trying this with one of the cutters)
Cardstock: Red and vanilla came from the Heritage pack from the The paper company, Gold is from Creative Memories, and the Whites-1 smooth-1 textured is from Coredinations. Some of the embellishments: the bubble stickers pack, a couple of shipping tags, a few cut out Polaroids, some odd buttons (only had the one aqua in my stash downstairs), metal tractor buttons, and arrow paperclips.
The sticker sheets: CTMH: Florentine sticker pack (I must really like this pack I found 4 in my stash-time to use it :), Paper House: Down on the Farm, CM: Cheerful sticker pack, Elle's Studio: The sweet life cutouts, Amy Tangerie: Let's Go stickers and Heidi Swapp: 3 Memory File: Color instaframes (I really want to get this used up and out of my stash :)
The stamp set, bling and 3-d stickers come from CTMH: Buzz ad Bumble Workshop on the Go. I bought this kit mainly for that stamp set since we do alot of garden stuff in the summer I thought that seed pack stamp was perfect for some of those type of layouts and the golds papers were and extra bonus :) I have some specific layouts that I want to use with this kit.
The Alphas: I pulled in quite a few I like alot of choices to work with and don't want to get stalled on layouts with just a couple choices. Making Memories: "Stamp" rub-ons, I have some old stickers from when I first got started that came in variety packs from Oriental Trading, Stickopotamus in Red and Gold, Nicole (this came from AC Moore) I have this in both Red and Gold, Colorbok, EK Success Sticko brand, Making Memories: Funky letters and Chunky letters, Basic Grey: Olivia, I also pulled my Simple Stories Harvest Lane sticker sheet with red/gold/blue alphas and words also my Dymo maker.
3 varieties of American Crafts ribbon, the red star alpha chip board, and Washi tape: 7 choices and a Making Memories: Metallique gems & glitter tapes pack. I also want to try using Perfect Pearls this month' got these for Christmas 2 years ago and the packs are still unopened.
That's it, this is my kit for the month. You will also see other things pulled from my stash if needed for I'm working on a Before Your Story class with Big Picture Classes and lots of that paper will generated from the pictures and the era of that time,  but would like to include something from this kit with every thing I do this month cards and layouts.

Last month this is what I had left:
A few of these pieces will go to making the card from that 10 min challenge last month and I pulled a couple for a 2-page layout I'm working on that I need to finish. Not to bad for me I made 9 layouts and 2 more to finish, 6 cards and 1 more to finish. I'm looking forward too increasing that amount this month :)
I still have most of my PL counterfeit kit left ans will be using that on a few spreads for the month of Jan and maybe Feb. Will pull the March counterfeit Day in the Life kit next weekend for  PL spreads.
Well thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what I'm doing in my little corner of the world and tomorrow is Creative Cutting Challenge so stop by for that, it's a green card so not to much of my kit will be used, but check out what I do use.....
Stop by Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog if your a scrapper or even a cardmaker it's a fun way to make you crafts per month and nothing to dig out of your stash cause that has already been done, why shop at the store when you can shop from your stash :)







8 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of goodies !!!!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that's a huge kit! So looking forward to seeing what you do with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome kit, looks like you will be having a busy month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous, eye-catching kit - wow. Looking forward to seeing what you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your kit seems really big compared to mine. I have taken note of your alpha choices - have lots to choose from so you don't stall. This is my first kit and I just didn't put enough alpha choices in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the red/gold theme and I can't wait to see some layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you stayed true to the color scheme - and it was such a beautiful color scheme - of the original kit, but still put your own spin on it. Lovely kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one large kit. Good luck & looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete