Thursday, March 20, 2014

Farm Life-Cabbage Harvest 1993

Hi you all and Happy Spring! I hope it shows up outside soon :) today is a bit gloomy. I have a layout that I made last night that came about with some help from the sketch at Creative Scrappers: CS Sketch 264
and here is the sketch:

Isn't this a fun sketch and so cool :)
I also wanted to include this in the Scrap our Stash A Thon #6 Sprinkles/Mist: I used mist:
I had gotten a mix to make your own mist in a swap box and the colors were gold or purple, I think the gold worked out fine here. It has a little glitter about itself too:
The rest of the layout just fell together to follow the sketch, all the papers came from my March counterfeit kit, really need to work on this heavily next week or I'll have a lot of it left over and that's not the purpose :)
 A couple of rhinestones and buttons from the kit, the Farm Life was cut out of a 12 X 12 sheet I thought it fit this layout perfectly :)
 The harvest card came from a Farm Girl pack of misc pieces, the arrow, the button and the rhinestones came from the March kit
thought the washi tape was a good addition here
Freshly Picked came from the Cricut: Garden soup cartridge, I was surprised no cabbage cuts on that cartridge and from what I checked on MyCutSearch there isn't any on any cartridge. I cut the lettering out of green leafy paper in my stash and now it qualifies for Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog of using Green.

This was a fun one and it was fun to throw back a bit to 1997, it was a good kraut year that year. What are you up to today?
This layout is entered in the following challenges:
FCCB Challenge #202 Use the Color Green
Creative Scrapper Sketch 264 
Stash A Thon Challenge #6 ~ Sprinkles/Mist



11 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Tina! I love that bee paper and the wood paper. That sketch is great and your layout is so fun! I love kraut and looks like you had a great year that year for making kraut! Love all the embellishment's you used on this layout too, your pictures are awesome. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy spring to you too Tina! Great take on the sketch! I am shocked there is no cabbage cut either, the only thing similar would have to be the lettuce cut on that cart right? maybe if you curl the edges of that cut and overlap a couple you might get a "cabbage" like cut... but anyhow you did a great job with your LO, Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB's Use the Color Green Challenge!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super layout Tina and the background paper is awesome! Thanks for joining in the Birthday Celebrations at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love the misting on the background! Thank you for playing along in our Stash A Thon at Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page
    tks for playing with us at SOS this month
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely use of your kit. I can't believe there's no cabbage. What a shame. Great way to make what you have work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely use of your kit. I can't believe there's no cabbage. What a shame. Great way to make what you have work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great layout and how fun to use various elements from different kits and make the layout all come together as if it was all from one kit. I love that arrow!!! And that washi tape is pretty cool too... TFS!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos to use for this layout, and I love your title...Thanks for playing in the Stash A Thon at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my month got away from me and I didn't use all my CKCB kit either! Love that you combined the two...gold mist=LOVE and I really really liked that farmcard :) kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete