Monday, March 3, 2014

Creative Cutting Challenge: St. Patrick's Day

Hi you all and welcome to my blog,  I'm one of the designers over at Creative Cutting Challenge and it's all about St Patrick's Day this challenge. My card:
Now I tried something new and used Creative Pointe’s Lucky Girl printable,
 Lucky Girl - Click Image to Close
I think this is the first time I used a printable on a card and it was fun to use too. I also used Creative Pointe’s Flower Set 1 
 Flower Set One - Click Image to Close
With cutting the spiral flower down really really small I found that even the cameo has limitations on what it can cut too, but it worked out in the end, I used some silver stickles and some brads & rhinestones for the center of the flowers on the bottom corner of the art print.
My card consist of a green cardbase from my stash and on that I added the darker green background that was in my stash of green paper, but wasn't a full 12 X 12 sheet. I added the ribbon that I received from a swap a few years ago. Place the lucky girl art work on the lime-leaf background that was punched with a SU edge punch and place 4 of the flowers in 2 different sizes in the bottom corner. I also added 3-d shamrock stickers/ enamel dots that were in my stash.
The inside of the card:
Was another piece of that background paper strategically cut so I would have that doily and postmark to bring something extra to the inside, I also included the Irish Blessing (seemed fitting for this card) from last month's counterfeit kit for the inside sentiment edges inked with CTMH Juniper ink. Added a flag pennant from Elle's Studio from this month's kit stamped with SU Teeny Tiny Wishes set wishing a happy st patrick's day stamped in black ink and a flower cut from the flower set with the silver stickles center and a couple of the 3-d shamrock stickers (and that finished off that pack of stickers :) love using up my stash.

We would love for you to play along and join up for this challenge:
Now we're ready to see YOUR "St Patrick's Day" creations.
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
Please make sure that you follow our very simple rules to enter this challenge.  
You MUST use a SVG or similiar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Please make sure that you mention somewhere in your post what part of your project was created with a cutting file.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.

 You all have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by to see what I'm doing in my little corner of the world

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card and I would never have thought of adding those flowers...they look awesome on the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Tina, like how you finished off the inside.

    ReplyDelete